The Fillmore Detroit - Detroit, MI
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Team Farkle 7
N 42° 20.244 W 083° 03.080
17T E 331010 N 4689276
Quick Description: Now one of the best theaters in Detroit for concerts, the former State Theatre (originally the Palms Theatre) still pays tribute to its glorious movie palace past by showing classic films during the summer. The theatre is located half a block from the Fox Theatre.
Location: Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 12/9/2007 4:37:42 PM
Waymark Code: WM2QV6
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member S5280ft
Views: 28

Long Description:
Built in 1925, the Fillmore Detroit was known for most of its history as the State Theatre, and prior to that as the Palms Theatre, a movie house in the Renaissance Revival style of architecture. C. Howard Crane was the original architect, and the building is still called the Francis Palms Building. An earlier theatre called the Central that changed its name to the Grand Circus Theatre (1913-1924) once stood at 2115 Woodward Avenue and had been demolished. Then, what is now the The Fillmore Detroit (1925) was constructed at 2115 Woodward. The present Detroit Opera House (1922), originally known as the Capital, at 1526 Broadway Street had also used the name Grand Circus Theatre.
Americana: Theater / Drive-In

Significant Interest: Other

Milestone or Marker: Other

Web Site Address: [Web Link]

Physical Address: Not listed

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Dixie Highway
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
The D Zone visited The Fillmore Detroit - Detroit, MI 5/1/2011 The D Zone visited it