Le Musée d'Histoire Jean Garcin 39-45, Fontaine de Vaucluse, Vaucluse, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member GroVicking
N 43° 55.330 E 005° 07.811
31T E 671009 N 4865434
Quick Description: Le musée évoque la vie des Français sous l’occupation, la Résistance en Vaucluse et montre l'engagement de nombreux poètes, écrivains et artistes / The museum evokes the life of the French under the occupation, the Resistance in Vaucluse and shows the commitment of many poets, writers and artists.
Location: Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France
Date Posted: 7/7/2022 4:24:54 AM
Waymark Code: WM16DEW
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 1

Long Description:
Fr :
En 1981, sous l’impulsion de Jean Garcin, connu sous le nom de « Colonel Bayard » pendant la Résistance, le département de Vaucluse acquiert la collection privée (ou « Musée des Restrictions ») de Raymond Granier, constituée d’un fonds unique de plus de 10?000 objets, documents, photographies et autres archives, illustrant la vie quotidienne sous l’Occupation. La muséographie a été en partie confiée à Willy Holt, décorateur illustre de l’histoire du cinéma. Inauguré en juillet 1990, le musée fonde sa politique sur une approche interdisciplinaire, mêlant histoire, littérature et art.

Le visiteur est invité à imaginer la vie quotidienne dans le Vaucluse, sous l’Occupation, à travers un riche fonds d’objets rappelant le régime de restriction en vigueur entre 1939 et 1949. Le décor reconstitue les lieux de vie de la communauté (école, mairie, épicerie, librairie) et la mise en place de la Collaboration, en contrepoint de l’élan vers la liberté et du travail de l’ombre des Résistants qui est notamment évoqué à travers les manuscrits et éditions originales de René Char, Max Jacob, Georges Rouault et Paul Eluard.

Eng :
In 1981, under the impetus of Jean Garcin, known as "Colonel Bayard" during the Resistance, the department of Vaucluse acquired the private collection (or "Musée des Restrictions") of Raymond Granier, consisting of a single collection more than 10,000 objects, documents, photographs and other archives, illustrating daily life under the Occupation. The museography was partly entrusted to Willy Holt, an illustrious decorator in the history of cinema. Inaugurated in July 1990, the museum bases its policy on an interdisciplinary approach, combining history, literature and art.

The visitor is invited to imagine daily life in the Vaucluse, under the Occupation, through a rich collection of objects recalling the restriction regime in force between 1939 and 1949. The decor reconstructs the places of life of the community (school , town hall, grocery store, bookstore) and the establishment of the Collaboration, in counterpoint to the momentum towards freedom and the shadowy work of the Resistance fighters which is notably evoked through the manuscripts and original editions of René Char, Max Jacob, Georges Rouault and Paul Éluard.

Sources : Isles-sur-la-Sorgues Tourisme
Theme:
La vie quotidienne en Vaucluse sous l’Occupation allemande de 1939 à 1945. Daily life in Vaucluse under the German Occupation from 1939 to 1945.


Street Address:
Chemin du Gouffre - 84800 Fontaine-de-Vaucluse


Food Court: no

Gift Shop: no

Hours of Operation:
Du 01/04 au 30/09/2022. Fermé mardi et mercredi. Fermeture exceptionnelle le 1er mai. Ouvert toute l'année pour les groupes sur réservation à partir de 10 personnes.


Cost: 7.00 (listed in local currency)

Museum Size: Small

Relevant Web Site: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
In order to log this waymark in this category, you must be able to provide proof of your visit. Please post a picture of yourself or your GPSr in front some identifiable feature or point of interest either in the museum, or on the museum grounds.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest History Museums
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.