Chiesa della Madonna della guardia - Levanto, Liguria
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member razalas
N 44° 10.525 E 009° 37.169
32T E 549519 N 4891543
Quick Description: The santuario di Nostra Signora della Guardia is a religious building in Via Nostra Signora della Guardia in Levanto, in the province of La Spezia. The church is the seat of the homonymous parish of the Diocese La Spezia-Sarzana-Brugnato.
Location: Liguria, Italy
Date Posted: 7/7/2021 7:09:13 AM
Waymark Code: WM14GXV
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 10

Long Description:
EN]
"A first step towards the construction of a new church on the outskirts of Levanto, dedicated to Our Lady of the Guard as expressly required by the population, was made in 1938 when , on May 23 , the bishop of the diocese of Luni Monsignor Giovanni Costantini officially entrusted the priest Ottavio Pellegro Daneri interested in the practice of the latter , curate of the parish of St. Martin Casano to Ortonville , he accepted the next day (May 24 ) .
In the months following exploratory surveys were carried out in Levanto for the building of the new parish church and at the same time you re-evaluated the boundaries of the parish pastoral of Ridarolo ; November 15 Don Daneri was then pastor of the new parish.
After the first donations to the church buildings to be constructed in mid-December 1938 identified the need to land in a field between the road and the stream Ghiararo , area owned by the brothers Massola that they are prepared for sale. On 16 January 1939, the site selection was approved by the various diocesan and local .
On 23 August, after the new monetary donations and materials, began the first work of the foundation of the new church designed by the engineer Arturo Danusso , a professor at the Polytechnic of Milan, which ended September 21, 1940 . After the construction of the first chapel , in the course of 1941 , the work inevitably suffered a slowdown because of the outbreak of World War II and until 1946 , April 22 , in the presence of the Bishop of Luni Monsignor Joseph Stella, laid the stone of the bell tower ( 40 meters high ), which was completed on 1 September of the same year .
Between bureaucratic and economic slowdowns , to review a new phase for the completion of the building so we had to wait for 1956 with the procurement of new works that affected the site until 1958 , the sanctuary will be solemnly consecrated on July 2 at presence of the same bishop Stella Luna . It will be the next parish priest , Don Mario rate , has commissioned new works in 1962 that affected the front yard , made a mosaic with stones, and the bell tower with the placement of eight bells . "
Translated from: (visit link)

[IT]
"Un primo passo verso la costruzione di un nuovo luogo di culto nella periferia di Levanto, dedicato a Nostra Signora della Guardia come espressamente richiesto dalla popolazione, fu compiuto nel 1938 quando, il 23 maggio, il vescovo della diocesi di Luni monsignor Giovanni Costantini ufficialmente affidò al sacerdote Pellegro Ottavio Daneri di interessarsi della pratica; quest'ultimo, curato della parrocchia di San Martino di Casano ad Ortonovo, accettò il giorno successivo (24 maggio).
Nei mesi successivi si effettuarono sopralluoghi esplorativi a Levanto per l'edificazione della nuova chiesa parrocchiale e contemporaneamente si rivalutarono i confini pastorali della comunità parrocchiale di Ridarolo; il 15 novembre don Daneri fu quindi il nuovo parroco della parrocchia.
Dopo le prime donazioni per l'erigenda chiesa, a metà dicembre 1938 fu individuato il terreno necessario in un campo tra la strada provinciale e il torrente Ghiararo, area di proprietà dei fratelli Massola che si dichiarano disponibili alla vendita. Il 16 gennaio 1939 la scelta del sito fu approvata dai vari organi diocesani e locali.
Il 23 agosto, dopo nuove donazioni monetarie e dei materiali, iniziarono i primi lavori della fondamenta della nuova chiesa progettata dall'ingegnere Arturo Danusso, professore presso il politecnico di Milano, che terminarono il 21 settembre 1940. Dopo la costruzione di una prima cappella, nel corso del 1941, l'opera subì inevitabilmente un rallentamento per lo scoppio della seconda guerra mondiale e solo nel 1946, il 22 aprile, alla presenza del vescovo di Luni monsignor Giuseppe Stella, si posava la prima pietra dell'erigendo campanile (alto 40 metri) che fu completato il 1º settembre dello stesso anno.
Tra rallentamenti burocratici ed economici, per rivedere una nuova fase per il completamento dell'edificio si dovette quindi aspettare il 1956 con l'appalto dei nuovi lavori che interessarono il sito sino al 1958; il santuario verrà solennemente consacrato il 2 luglio alla presenza dello stesso vescovo lunense Stella. Sarà il successivo parroco, don Mario Tasso, ha commissionare nuovi lavori nel 1962 che interessarono l'antistante piazzale, realizzato a mosaico con pietre, e il campanile con la collocazione di otto campane."
From:. (visit link)
Codice di catalogo nazionale: 0700112224

Pagina del catalogo nazionale: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
[IT]
- Fornisci almeno una foto del sito che hai scattato.
- Scrivi almeno una frase sulla tua visita al sito.

[EN]
- Provide at least one photo you have taken of the site.
- Write at least one sentence about your visit to the site.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Italian Cultural Heritage
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.