Grand hôtel d'Argouges - Bayeux, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
N 49° 16.650 W 000° 42.250
30U E 666981 N 5460840
Quick Description: [FR] Le grand hôtel d'Argouges (ou Maison de François Ier, hôtel Guérin du Fresne, hôtel de la Madeleine) est un hôtel particulier de Bayeux. [EN] The Grand Hôtel d'Argouges (or Maison de François Ier, Hôtel Guérin du Fresne, Hôtel de la Madeleine) is a private mansion in Bayeux.
Location: Normandie, France
Date Posted: 4/1/2021 11:32:16 AM
Waymark Code: WM142GC
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 0

Long Description:

"La famille d'Argouges construit cette demeure après à la fin de la guerre de Cent Ans dans la seconde moitié du XVe siècle. L'hôtel d’Argouges-Gratot, au 60-62 de la même rue, appartenait à la même famille.

Jacques d’Argouges, panetier du roi, accueille François Ier et son fils, futur Henri II en 1532.

Maison à colombages rouges et blancs sur rue, en pierre sur cour, sa façade comporte des statuettes dorées de saints protecteurs.

Ses façades sur rue et sur cour sont inscrites au titre des monuments historiques par arrêté du 15 juin 1927.

Propriété de Jean Lecarpentier, ancien maire de Bayeux, les deux bâtiments de 700 m2 sont rachetés en 2007 par un groupe d'investisseurs, ASL, et restauré à partir de janvier 2011 par Jacky Bouzart et Marcel Huwart sous l'égide de l'architecte en chef des monuments historiques d'Orléans, Jacques Sill, pour en faire treize appartements. "

Sources : L’Hôtel D’après ce que nous dit wikipédia.

Photo goes Here Photo goes Here

"The Argouges family built this house after the end of the Hundred Years' War in the second half of the 15th century. The Argouges-Gratot hotel, at 60-62 in the same street, belonged to the same family.

Jacques d´Argouges, baker of the king, welcomes François I and his son, future Henri II in 1532.

Red and white half-timbered house on the street, in stone on the courtyard, its facade features gilded statuettes of patron saints.

Its facades on the street and on the courtyard are listed as historical monuments by decree of June 15, 1927.

Owned by Jean Lecarpentier, former mayor of Bayeux, the two 700 m2 buildings were bought in 2007 by a group of investors, ASL, and restored from January 2011 by Jacky Bouzart and Marcel Huwart under the aegis of the architect chief of historic monuments of Orleans, Jacques Sill, to make thirteen apartments. "

Sources : The Hostel From what Wikipedia tells us.

Qui a placé ce repère historique ? / Who placed this historical marker ?:
La Mairie de Bayeux / Bayeux Town Hall


Site internet / Internet Website: [Web Link]

Date de placement / Date of establishment: Not listed

Eléments cryptés / Encrypted elements: Not listed

Conditions de visite alternatives / Alternative visit requirements: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
[FR] Une preuve de votre visite est demandée. Joignez à votre log une photo du repère historique et culturel ou répondez à la question alternative proposée par l'owner quand elle existe (si vous ne pouvez joindre de photo).
[ENG] A proof of your visit is needed. Join a picture from the historical and cultural marker to your log or respond to the alternative question proposed by owner if available (if you can't provide a picture).
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Histoires de France (French historical markers)
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
pmaupin visited Grand hôtel d'Argouges - Bayeux, France 3/10/2021 pmaupin visited it