Haus "Zum Schwan" - Brühl, NRW, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member FamilieFrohne
N 50° 49.684 E 006° 54.272
32U E 352425 N 5632798
Quick Description: DE: Lions Club Tafel für das Haus "Zum Schwan" am Markt 3-5 in Brühl. EN: Lions Club marker for the building "Zum Schwan" (To the swan) at Markt 3-5 in Brühl.
Location: Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Date Posted: 1/11/2021 9:37:52 AM
Waymark Code: WM13MY0
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member YoSam.
Views: 2

Long Description:

DE: Im Rahmen der Aktion "Gebäude erzählen Geschichte" hat der Lions Club in Brühl in Zusammenarbeit mit der Stadt Brühl Anfang 2011 fast dreissig Tafeln mit Hintergrundinformationen zur Geschichte der Gebäude gestiftet. Diese graue Tafel mit weißer Schrift befindet sich am Haus "Zum Schwan" am Markt 3-5 und trägt folgenden Text:

Haus "Zum Schwan"

Schon im 14. Jh. stand an dieser Stelle ein Haus; seit 1496 lässt sich die Bezeichnung "Zum Schwan" nachweisen. Sie geht möglicherweise auf einen dort um 1470 wohnenden Dr. Schwan zurück. Das bestehende barocke Haus wurde 1749 von dem kurfürstlichen Baumeister G. Cadusch aus den "Abfällen" errichtet, die beim Bau des Schlosses anfielen. Die Gliederung der Hausfront, die Betonung der Mittelachse sowie das Mansarddach sind typisch barocke Zierelemente. Der Schwan aber kennzeichnete das Haus weiter. Bis 1905 diente es als Herrenhaus des Geuer-Hofes. Nach dem 2. Weltkrieg wurde das Erdgeschoss zu einem Geschäftslokal umgebaut.

Gestiftet vom Lions Club Brühl


EN: As part of the "Buildings tell a story" campaign, the Lions Club in Brühl, in cooperation with the city of Brühl, donated almost thirty boards with background information on the history of the buildings in early 2011. This gray board with white lettering is located at the building "Zum Schwan" at Markt 3-5 and bears the following text:

House "Zum Schwan"

A house stood on this spot as early as the 14th century; since 1496 the name "Zum Schwan" (to the swan) can be proven. It may refer to a Dr. Swan who resided here. The existing baroque house was built in 1749 by the electoral builder G. Cadusch from the "waste" that arose during the construction of the palace. The structure of the house front, the emphasis on the central axis and the mansard roof are typical baroque decorative elements. But the swan continued to mark the house. Until 1905 it served as the manor house of the Geuer-Hof. After World War II, the ground floor was converted into a shop.

Donated by the Lions Club Brühl

Street Address (if known):
Markt 3-5
Brühl, NRW Germany
50321


Condition?: Good.

Visit Instructions:
1) Please provide a photo you have taken of the Friendship Arch, Monument or Plaque.

2) If known, please indicate the operating Lions Club responsible for the placement of the Friendship Arch, Monument or Plaque.

3) Any other information regarding your visit would be greatly appreciated.

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Lions Clubs International Markers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
Seebär777 visited Haus "Zum Schwan" - Brühl, NRW, Germany 2/26/2021 Seebär777 visited it