Les armes de Péronne - Mairie - France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
N 49° 55.798 E 002° 56.154
31U E 495399 N 5530846
Quick Description: La ville de Péronne porte "D'azur à trois fleurs de lys d'or, à la lettre capitale P gothique couronnée en abîme, le tout d'or".The town of Péronne bears "Azure three fleurs-de-lis Or, with the capital letter P Gothic crowned in the abyss, all Or"
Location: Hauts-de-France, France
Date Posted: 1/10/2021 11:16:26 PM
Waymark Code: WM13MWF
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Iris & Harry
Views: 0

Long Description:
Credits : (visit link)

"Le pied de la lettre P est presque toujours, notamment dans les dessins anciens, coupé d'une petite traverse qui lui donne une ressemblance avec le chrisme, ou monogramme du Christ. Ce détail n'est pas précisé dans les blasonnements. Le blason de Péronne a été octroyé par lettres patentes (conservées aux archives municipales) de François 1er en février 1536, pour rendre hommage aux Péronnais qui soutinrent jusqu'à la victoire le siège contre les troupes de Charles Quint, conduites par Henri de Naussau. Il a été confirmé par Louis XVIII le 18 février 1815. Il a pour support deux chiens griffons et pour cimier une pucelle tenant de sa dextre une épée ou un badelaire d'or, issant d'une couronne murale. (Jacques Dulphy)

Les barbets (griffons) signifiant la fidélité à la couronne de France dont l'ajout date de 1729, breveté par Louis XV.

Péronne
Avec comme devise : Urbs Nescia Vinci (ville qui ignore la défaite)
On retrouve ces armoiries sur l'hôtel de ville"

"The foot of the letter P is almost always, especially in ancient drawings, cut off from a small crosspiece which gives it a resemblance to the chrism, or monogram of Christ. This detail is not specified in the coat of arms. The coat of arms of Péronne was granted by letters patent (kept in the municipal archives) of François 1er in February 1536, to pay homage to the people of Péronne who supported until victory the siege against the troops of Charles V, led by Henri de Naussau. It was confirmed by Louis XVIII on February 18, 1815. It is supported by two griffon hounds and a virgin holding a sword or a golden badge from a mural crown as a crest. (Jacques Dulphy)

The barbs (griffins) signifying fidelity to the crown of France whose addition dates from 1729, patented by Louis XV.

Péronne
With as motto: Urbs Nescia Vinci (city that ignores defeat)
One finds these coats of arms on the town hall".

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Your impression of the sculpture?:

Where is this sculpture?:
Hôtel de ville
Péronne, France
80200


Date Sculpture was opened for vewing?: Not listed

Website for sculpture?: Not listed

Sculptors Name: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
1. Provide a tasteful picture of the sculpture, with another point of view from the original(no pictures of GPSr or yourself).

2. Provide your thoughts on the sculpture and your impression of it.

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Relief Art Sculptures
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.