Moulin de l'etang - Jugon les Lacs, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member sara et gege
N 48° 24.432 W 002° 19.231
30U E 550286 N 5361783
Quick Description: A working mill at the pond overflow. Un moulin en activité au deversoir de l'etang.
Location: Bretagne, France
Date Posted: 10/21/2020 9:28:56 AM
Waymark Code: WM139V9
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member jotheonly
Views: 1

Long Description:
En website source:
THE MILL OF HISTORICAL BRETONS KNOW-HOW
Located in the Côtes-d'Armor, the Jugon-les-Lacs mill is a family mill, since 3 generations of millers have followed one another for several years.

Formerly called Moulin des Lacs, due to its location, this nearby mill has remained on a human scale. Breton culture is preserved and preserved there.

Source Plate
From Chatellenie to the tourist resort.
It is at the top of a natural rocky outcrop overlooking the lake that Eudon, the first count of Penthievre, chooses to build the castle of Jugon.
This site on the main road on the road to Dolo has indeed natural defenses. The castle was protected to the west by the Arguenon river and to the east by the Jugon river.
From the end of the 12th century, the castle fell into the hands of the lords of Dinan. During the war of succession of Brittany, the constable Bertrand Duguesclin takes over the castle of Jugon from the English and declares "who has Brittany without Jugon has chape without Chaperon" this will become the motto of the city.
In the 13th (between 1234 and 1230) Pierre de Dreux duke of Brittany built the large pond by a dam on the Jugon and the small pond by a dam on the Arguenon river. Thus these two ponds formed a very effective natural rampart to defend the castle.
In the 15th century, Duke Jean V ordered the dismantling of the castle walls. In 1616 the castle was demolished by order of Richelieu, governor of Brittany for King Louis XIII.
the small pond whose old dike is called small causeway was voluntarily drained in 1848. In its place, there was until 2010 a poplar grove.
Two mills worked thanks to the Jugon then renamed Rosette today the weir flour mill still works and the old mill houses the house of fishing and nature.
Thanks to the pond; the men could feed themselves to turn the mills and more recently to be diverted with the fishing or the hobby of the sail. Over the years, L’étang de Jugon has become a pleasant place for holidays in Brittany.

Fr source site Web :
LE MOULIN AUX SAVOIR-FAIRE BRETONS HISTORIQUES
Situé dans les Côtes-d'Armor, le moulin de Jugon-les-lacs est un moulin familial, puisque ce sont 3 générations de meuniers qui s’y succèdent depuis plusieurs années.

Anciennement appelé Moulin des Lacs, de par sa situation, ce moulin de proximité est resté à taille humaine. La culture bretonne y est préservée et conservée.

source Plaque
De la Chatellenie à la station touristique.
C'est au sommet d'un eperon rocheux naturel surplombant le lac qu'Eudon premier comte de Penthievre choisit de batir le chateau de Jugon.
Ce site sur la grande chaussée sur la route de Dolo présente en effet des défenses naturelles. Le chateau était protégé a l'Ouest par la rivière Arguenon et à l'Est par la rivière Jugon.
Dès la fin du XIIème siècle, Le chateau tombe entre les mains des seigneurs de Dinan. Au cour de la guerre de succession de Bretagne, le connétable Bertrand Duguesclin reprend le château de Jugon aux Anglais et déclare "qui a Bretagne sans Jugon a chape sans Chaperon " ceci deviendra la devise de la cité.
Au XIIIeme (entre 1234 et 1230) Pierre de Dreux duc de Bretagne réalise le grand étang par un barrage sur le Jugon et le petit étang par un barrage sur la rivière Arguenon. Ainsi ces deux étang formaient un rempart naturel très efficace pour défendre le château.
Au XVe siècle le duc Jean V ordonne le démantelement des murailles du château. En 1616 le château est démoli sur ordre de Richelieu, gouverneur de Bretagne pour le roi Louis XIII.
le petit étang dont l'ancienne digue est appelé petite chaussée a été volontairement asséchè en 1848. A sa place, on trouvait jusqu'en 2010 une peupleraie.
Deux moulins fonctionnaient grâce au Jugon rebaptisé ensuite Rosette aujourd'hui la minoterie du déversoir fonctionne toujours et l'ancien moulin abrite la maison de la pêche et nature.
Grace a l'étang; les hommes pouvaient se nourrir faire tourner les moulins et plus récemment se divertir à la pêche ou au loisir de la voile.
Au fil des années, L’étang de Jugon est devenu un agréable lieu pour les vacances en Bretagne.

le moulin des Lacs
Current Status: Still In Use

Current Use: Moulin a eau

Visit Instructions:
Provide a picture of your visit.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Water Mills
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.