Vitraux Église Notre-Dame de Bréhat, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member sara et gege
N 48° 50.736 W 002° 59.983
30U E 500020 N 5410292
Quick Description: A discreet church from the outside. Une église discrete de l'exterieur.
Location: Bretagne, France
Date Posted: 9/25/2020 1:08:46 AM
Waymark Code: WM13641
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 1

Long Description:
En wikipedia:
Its stained glass windows represent the Four Evangelists and the baptism of Jesus in particular.

source BZH Heritage:

History
Formerly placed under the patronage of Saint Samson, due to the fact that the parish of Bréhat belonged to the bishopric of Dol, the parish church of Notre-Dame is a building from the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter of the 17th century, remodeled in the 18th century and restored during the 19th century (repairs in 1823, then in 1874 under the direction of the architect Lageat, according to René Couffon; full restoration in 1895). A pillar of the south aisle bears the inscription D: F: LE BAILLIF A LAYED THE FIRST STONE IN THIS CHAPEL 1651, just as the lintel of the door leading to the sacristy bears the vintage 1677. According to René Couffon, the bell tower built in 1658 , was rebuilt at the initiative of Rector Le Roy between 1760 and 1773 as attested by the inscription R. LE ROY Rr CORNIC LE BILLER FABRIQUEURS (not noted).

Description
The parish church of Notre-Dame de Bréhat is a three-aisled building built in granite rubble on a Latin cross plan. Composed of a nave flanked by two aisles - the south aisle being reduced to two bays due to the presence of a porch whose gable bears the date 1771 -, a transept and a choir, it has an apse with three sides to the east, as well as a bell tower-wall with three bays, to the west, joined by two circular turrets each enclosing a masonry spiral staircase and the upper part of which is built in freestone (reconstruction ). The north aisle, onto which the font chapel is grafted, is open to the west by a door covered with a lintel showing the 1783 vintage (communication with the service door of the presbytery). This side aisle is also flanked by a sacristy, the door lintel of which shows the year 1677. The covering of the interior space is formed by a paneling. The pinions have crawling crossettes.

Fr wikipedia :
Ses vitraux représentent notamment les Quatre Évangélistes et le baptême de Jésus.

source Patrimoine BZH :

Historique
Placée autrefois sous le patronage de saint Samson, en raison de l'appartenance de la paroisse de Bréhat à l'évêché de Dol, l'église paroissiale Notre-Dame est un édifice du 3ème quart et du 4ème quart du 17ème siècle, remanié au 18ème siècle et restauré au cours du 19ème siècle (réparations en 1823, puis en 1874 sous la direction de l'architecte Lageat, selon René Couffon ; restauration entière en 1895). Un pilier du collatéral sud porte l'inscription D : F : LE BAILLIF A POSEE LA PREMIERE PIERRE EN CETE CHAPELLE 1651, de même que le linteau de la porte desservant la sacristie porte le millésime 1677. Selon René Couffon, le clocher édifié en 1658, a été reconstruit à l'initiative du recteur Le Roy entre 1760 et 1773 comme l'atteste l'inscription R. LE ROY Rr CORNIC LE BILLER FABRIQUEURS (non relevée).

Description
L'église paroissiale Notre-Dame de Bréhat est un édifice à trois vaisseaux construit en moellons de granite sur un plan en croix latine. Composée d'une nef flanquée de deux collatéraux - le collatéral sud étant réduit à deux travées du fait de la présence d'un porche dont le pignon porte la date 1771 -, d'un transept et d'un choeur, elle présente un chevet à trois pans à l'est, ainsi qu'un clocher-mur à trois baies, à l'ouest, accosté de deux tourelles circulaires enfermant chacune un escalier à vis en maçonnerie et dont la partie haute est édifiée en pierre de taille (reconstruction). Le collatéral nord, sur lequel est greffée la chapelle des fonts, est ouvert à l'ouest d'une porte couverte d'un linteau présentant le millésime 1783 (communication avec la porte de service du presbytère). Ce collatéral est également flanqué d'une sacristie dont le linteau de la porte présente le millésime 1677. Le couvrement de l'espace intérieur est formé par un lambris. Les pignons présentent des rampants à crossettes.

Patrimoine BZH
Wikipedia
Type of building where window is located: Church

Address:
le Bourg
Ile de Brehat, Bretagne France
22870


Admission Charge: 0.00 (listed in local currency)

Days of Operation: tout les jours

Hours of Operation: From: 9:00 AM To: 5:00 PM

Visit Instructions:
Please include additional photos of the window or windows at this location. Provide additional information regarding the window/s if you are able.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Stained Glass Windows
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.