Aubrey V. Stewart Windmill - Floydada, TX
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX
N 33° 59.207 W 101° 20.179
14S E 284190 N 3763151
Quick Description: Was relocated to the corner of the Floydada City Hall lot.
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 9/17/2020 2:25:55 PM
Waymark Code: WM13511
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member montythemule
Views: 2

Long Description:
Sign on windmill:

When the City of Floydada incorporated in 1909, its first water supply to its citizens was provided by windmills. This windmill was donated to the City of Floydada by Aubrey V. Stewart as a reminder of our City's heritage and history. Mr. Stewart moved to Floydada in 1934, and operated Stewarts Cleaners for many years.


Windmill has a metal base. The tail has "The Aermotor Co. Chicago" marked on it.

Purpose: Ornamental

Open to the public: yes

Is This Windmill Functional?: No

Windmill Farm: no

Cost: 0.00 (listed in local currency)

Museum on Site: no

Date of Manufacture: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
When logging a VISIT to a windmill that has been Waymarked, please take a a photograph of the Windmill and provide a summary of your visit. In this way we can track changes to the mills over the years
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Windmills
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.