Znak Chrudimi pred Starou radnicí / Coat of arms of Chrudim in front of the Old Town Hall - Chrudim (East Bohemia)
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Dorcadion Team
N 49° 57.099 E 015° 47.688
33U E 557017 N 5533557
Quick Description: Depicted Coat of arms of Chrudim in front of the Old Town Hall (Stará radnice), located in the main Chrudim public space - Ressel Square (Resslovo námestí), is formed by a mosaic of granite paving blocks of three natural colors.
Location: Pardubický kraj, Czechia
Date Posted: 5/20/2020 2:15:05 PM
Waymark Code: WM12G2H
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 5

Long Description:

Depicted Coat of arms of Chrudim in front of the Old Town Hall (Stará radnice), located in the main Chrudim public space - Ressel Square (Resslovo námestí), is formed by a mosaic of granite paving blocks of three natural colors (white, dark and red granite).

The coat of arms of Chrudim is formed on a silver shield with a black eagle looking to the left (from the observer's point of view) with red armor and tongue. The first use of the city coat of arms dates back to 1830. At this time, various variants of the city coat of arms appeared and were officially used (some of them have letters CH in a small silver shield on the eagle' chest).


Chrudim, a district town in Eastern Bohemia, is the second largest town in the Pardubice Region of the Czechia. Chrudim lies 110 km east of Prague and about 11 km south of Pardubice. Approximately 23,000 inhabitants live here. It forms a conurbation with Slatinany and is part of a larger Hradec-Pardubice agglomeration. For centuries, Chrudim used to be the center of the Chrudim region, which roughly corresponds to today's Pardubice region. It was not until the 19th century that it was surpassed in size and importance by Pardubice, which benefited from a more transport-friendly location on the Elbe and the main railway. The center of Chrudim has a preserved medieval structure with significant buildings with old city walls and was declared a City monument zone in 1990.

The first documents on the settlement of the city are documented by archaeological materials from the turn of 5-4. Millennium BC In the years 995 to 1055, the first Premyslid fort was built. Bretislav I died here in 1055 during his military campaign, Kosma's record of this event is the first reliable mention of Chrudim. From the existing fortified settlement in 1263 by the colonization efforts of Premysl Otakar II. a real medieval town was created. [wiki]

Bearer of Coat of Arms: Town

Full name of the bearer: Chrudim

Where is Coat of Arms installed (short description) ?:
In front of the Old Town Hall (Stará radnice), located in the main Chrudim public space - Ressel Square (Resslovo námestí).


Material / Design: Stone

Blazon (heraldic description):
CZ: na stříbrném štítě černá orlice hledící doleva (z hlediska pozorovatele) s červenou zbrojí a jazykem. / ENG: Silver shield with a black eagle looking to the left (from the observer's point of view) with red armor and tongue.


Address:
Resslovo náměstí 1, 537 16 Chrudim, Czechia


Web page about the bearer of Coat of Arms (if exists): [Web Link]

Web page about the structure where is Coat of Arms installed (if exists): Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Logging requirements: Please upload your own personal photo of the coat of arms. You or your GPS can be in the picture, but it’s not a requirement.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Coats of Arms
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.