Glasfenster in der St.-Martin-Kirche - Lahnstein - RP - Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member CADS11
N 50° 18.056 E 007° 36.237
32U E 400576 N 5573023
Quick Description: Die St.-Martin-Kirche ist eine römisch-katholische Pfarrkirche in Oberlahnstein
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Date Posted: 3/27/2020 9:27:24 AM
Waymark Code: WM128AH
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 1

Long Description:
DE:
Die St.-Martin-Kirche ist eine römisch-katholische Pfarrkirche in Oberlahnstein, einem Ortsteil von Lahnstein, im Rhein-Lahn-Kreis, Rheinland-Pfalz.
Figur des heiligen Martin von Tours mit Gans über dem Hauptportal

Baugeschichte
Die ältesten Teile der Kirche sind die um 1190 erbauten spätromanischen Türme, die den Chor flankieren und zu einer ehemaligen Basilika gehörten. Der Nordturm ist in der ursprünglichen Form erhalten, der Südturm erhielt im 14. Jahrhundert eine gotische Spitze. Der gotische Chor mit zwei Kreuzgewölben entstand 1332. Das romanische Mittelschiff wurde 1775 abgerissen und bis 1777 durch ein barockes Mittelschiff im Hallenstil ersetzt. Von 1895 bis 1899 wurden die Seitenschiffe mit den Seitenchören im Stil der Neugotik angefügt. Der Geschossaufsatz des Südturms mit spitzem Turmhelm stammt von 1864. 1954 wurden die Sockel der Türme entfernt und die Türme mit einer Stahlkonstruktion in Höhe des Deckenraumes abgefangen, sodass der Kirchenraum erweitert und der Hochaltar zwischen den Türmen aufgestellt werden konnte. Anfang der 1970er Jahre wurde der Hochaltar in das rechte Seitenschiff versetzt und der Kirchenraum erhielt seine heutige Gestalt.

Ausstattung
Über dem westlichen Hauptportal steht eine Sandsteinskulptur des heiligen Martin von Tours mit Gans und Bischofsstab. Im Inneren befinden sich eine gotische Figurengruppe Anna Selbdritt (Anna mit Maria und Jesuskind) und eine Pietà vom Ende des 15. Jahrhunderts, die aus der 1882 versetzten und verkleinerten Wenzelkapelle stammt. Die barocken Figuren von Johannes dem Täufer, Johannes dem Evangelisten und der Muttergottes standen bis zur Säkularisation im Prämonstratenserkloster Rommersdorf bei Neuwied. Im rechten Seitenschiff steht der ehemalige Hochaltar im Stil der Neugotik von 1905, der Szenen aus dem Leben des heiligen Martin von Tours zeigt. Der ebenfalls neugotische Josefs-Altar im linken Seitenschiff wurde 1911 von dem Erkelenzer Bildhauer P. Tillmanns geschaffen. Beim rechten Seiteneingang ist ein Bildnis des heiligen Antonius von Padua angebracht, gefertigt von dem Oberlahnsteiner Bildhauer Caspar Weis im Jahr 1919. Das moderne Altarkreuz wurde 1974 im Rahmen der Neugestaltung des Kirchenraums installiert.

Das Geläut besteht aus fünf Glocken und hat ein Gesamtgewicht von 13,6 Tonnen. Die Martinusglocke wiegt 5,7 Tonnen und ist die größte Glocke am Mittelrhein.

Orgel
Auf der Westseite des Hauptschiffes befindet sich die barocke Orgelempore mit einer wertvollen Stumm-Orgel aus den Jahren 1742–1744. Die Orgel des Orgelbauers Johann Michael Stumm besitzt 21 Register und wurde zuletzt 1968 von der Firma Johannes Klais Orgelbau aus Bonn grundlegend restauriert.
Aus: (visit link)

EN:
The St. Martin Church is a Roman Catholic parish church in Oberlahnstein, a district of Lahnstein, in the Rhein-Lahn district, Rhineland-Palatinate.
Figure of Saint Martin of Tours with goose above the main portal

Building history
The oldest parts of the church are the late Romanesque towers built around 1190, which flank the choir and belonged to a former basilica. The north tower is preserved in its original form, the south tower received a Gothic tip in the 14th century. The Gothic choir with two cross vaults was built in 1332. The Romanesque nave was demolished in 1775 and replaced by a baroque nave in hall style until 1777. From 1895 to 1899 the side aisles with the side choirs were added in the style of the Gothic Revival. The top section of the south tower with a pointed tower helmet dates from 1864. In 1954 the base of the towers was removed and the towers were intercepted with a steel structure at the height of the ceiling, so that the church room could be expanded and the high altar placed between the towers. In the early 1970s, the high altar was moved to the right aisle and the church interior received its current shape.

Furnishing
Above the main western portal is a sandstone sculpture of St. Martin of Tours with goose and bishop's staff. Inside there is a Gothic group of figures Anna Selbdritt (Anna with Maria and Jesuskind) and a Pietà from the end of the 15th century, which comes from the reduced and reduced Wenceslas Chapel in 1882. The baroque figures of John the Baptist, John the Evangelist and Our Lady were up to secularization in the Premonstratensian monastery in Rommersdorf near Neuwied. In the right aisle is the former high altar in the Gothic Revival style from 1905, which shows scenes from the life of St. Martin of Tours. The also neo-Gothic Josefs Altar in the left aisle was created in 1911 by the sculptor P. Tillmanns from Erkelenz. At the right side entrance is a portrait of St. Anthony of Padua, made by the Oberlahnstein sculptor Caspar Weis in 1919. The modern altar cross was installed in 1974 as part of the redesign of the church interior.

The bell consists of five bells and has a total weight of 13.6 tons. The Martinus bell weighs 5.7 tons and is the largest bell on the Middle Rhine.

organ
On the west side of the main aisle is the baroque organ gallery with a valuable mute organ from 1742–1744. The organ of the organ builder Johann Michael Stumm has 21 stops and was last fundamentally restored in 1968 by the Johannes Klais Orgelbau company from Bonn.
Type of building where window is located: Church

Address:
Kirchstr.; Lahnstein; RP; Germany


Admission Charge: 0.00 (listed in local currency)

Days of Operation: daily

Hours of Operation: From: 12:00 AM To: 12:00 AM

Visit Instructions:
Please include additional photos of the window or windows at this location. Provide additional information regarding the window/s if you are able.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Stained Glass Windows
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
CADS11 visited Glasfenster in der St.-Martin-Kirche - Lahnstein - RP - Germany 3/27/2020 CADS11 visited it
kaschper69 visited Glasfenster in der St.-Martin-Kirche - Lahnstein - RP - Germany 10/28/2016 kaschper69 visited it

View all visits/logs