All Saints' Episcopal Church - Glencarse, Perth & Kinross, Scotland.
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member creg-ny-baa
N 56° 22.802 W 003° 18.151
30V E 481318 N 6248418
Quick Description: Episcopal church in the village of Glencarse, between the Scottish cities of Perth and Dundee.
Location: Northern Scotland, United Kingdom
Date Posted: 11/19/2019 6:51:29 AM
Waymark Code: WM11NDP
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
Views: 0

Long Description:

The village of Glencarse is situated in the Carse of Gowrie, an area of flattish fertile land on the northern side of the Firth of Tay between the cities of Perth and Dundee. It and the larger neighbouring village of St Madoes are split by the A90 dual-carriageway of which Glencarse lies to the north of.

All Saints' Church was consecrated by the Bishop of Brechin, the Right Rev. Dr. Hugh Willoughby Jermyn, on April 25th 1878 and established as a mission church. The church was designed by Mr Blackadder of Perth in an English domestic gothic style of pitch pine and cement.

The church lies on the northern side of the main route through the village, with the southern elevation facing the street. A bellcote with a pyramidal cap on the west gable above the steeply pitched roof, is the main feature. In plan the church is cruciform, with a nave, chancel, canted aspe, organ chamber and vestries.

Active Church: Yes

School on property: No

Date Built: 4/25/1878

Service Times: Sundays 10.30am

Website: [Web Link]

Visit Instructions:
Take a picture of the Church. Please try to keep your GPSr out of the photo.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Anglican and Episcopal Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.