Town of Farmington (KC-127) - Farmington, DE
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe
N 38° 52.182 W 075° 34.626
18S E 449936 N 4302475
Quick Description: The Town of Farmington was first settled in 1851 as Flatiron. In 1855, the Delaware Railroad built a station at a crossroads in the community near the home of Governor William Tharp.
Location: Delaware, United States
Date Posted: 11/13/2019 5:02:49 PM
Waymark Code: WM11MKC
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Ernmark
Views: 2

Long Description:
The Town of Farmington was first settled in 1851 as Flatiron. In 1855, the Delaware Railroad built a station at a crossroads in the community near the home of Governor William Tharp. When a new post office opened in 1858, the town was officially renamed Farmington. By the late 1800s, Farmington supported fruit canning and evaporator factories, churches, schools, and a commercial center with a number of shops. Farmington officially incorporated in 1909. In 1914, the town suffered a devastating fire that destroyed a basket factory, church, and several houses. The Tharp family house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973

Erected 2019 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number KC-127.)

The marker is located in front of the Farmington Town Park at 240 Main Street, Farmington, DE 19950
Visit Instructions:
Please include a picture of the sign with your GPS in the picture.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Delaware Historical Markers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.