Keweenaw Heritage Center at St. Anne's - Calumet MI
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member kJfishman
N 47° 14.665 W 088° 27.171
16T E 390051 N 5233350
Quick Description: This former Catholic Church built in 1900 has the original stained glass.
Location: Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 8/27/2019 4:10:13 PM
Waymark Code: WM116Y2
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Alfouine
Views: 1

Long Description:
This former Catholic Church built in 1900 has the original stained glass.




Welcome to the
Keweenaw Heritage Center Website!

In 1900, Calumet was a booming town in the center of Michigan's copper mining industry. The largest company in the region, Calumet and Hecla, operated its works between the villages that became Calumet and Laurium.

Mines drew a diverse population, including Cornish, Croatians, Finns, French Canadians Italians, Polish, Scots, Slovenians and Swedes. French Canadians, under the administration of Reverend J. R. Boissonault, built a church dedicated to St. Anne. The architectural firm of Charlton, Gilbert and Demar designed the structure, built of red sandstone from the Jacobsville quarry. source (visit link)
Type of building where window is located: Church

Address:
25725 Scott St
Calumet, MI USA


Admission Charge: 0.00 (listed in local currency)

Days of Operation: Monday thru Saturday

Hours of Operation: From: 1:00 AM To: 4:30 PM

Visit Instructions:
Please include additional photos of the window or windows at this location. Provide additional information regarding the window/s if you are able.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Stained Glass Windows
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.