By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Jauge du Pont du Port la Clay - Pays de la Loire, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Bono2333
N 46° 28.043 W 001° 17.322
30T E 631388 N 5147401
Quick Description: [FR] Le pont du port la Clay, monument historique français qui passe sur la rivière Le Lay. [EN] The bridge of the port la Clay, French historical monument which passes on the river Lay.
Location: Pays de la Loire, France
Date Posted: 5/29/2019 10:47:08 AM
Waymark Code: WM10MT2
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Ernmark
Views: 1

Long Description:
[FR] "Les ponts du Port-la-Claye sont deux édifices franchissant le Lay entre les communes de La Bretonnière-la-Claye, Curzon, Lairoux et Saint-Cyr-en-Talmondais, dans le département de la Vendée et la région des Pays-de-la-Loire.
Les deux ouvrages font l’objet d’une inscription au titre des Monuments historiques depuis 1985.
Sous l’Antiquité, le « chemin des Sauniers » traverse le Lay à proxmité du Port-la-Claye, mais ne peut être franchi que par bateau. Cette voie, prolongement occidental du « chemin Vert » entre Poitiers et Fontenay, relie à l’époque Jard à Fontenay.
Le site à proprement parler des ponts du Port-la-Claye est connu depuis le XVIIIe siècle par les cartes érigées par les ingénieurs du roi. La Carte de l’Académie, établie par la famille Cassini, indique à proximité du « Port-de-Claye » la route royale des Sables à Fontenay franchissant le Lay dédoublé en bras, ce qui implique la présence d’au moins deux ponts. L’Atlas des routes de France, de Daniel-Charles Trudaine, signale quant à lui la présence d’un pont franchissant la rivière du Grand-Lay et d’un autre enjambant celle de Saint-Benoist à « Port-de-la-Claye ».

Benjamin Fillon attribue la réalisation des ouvrages à Étienne Raimbaud en 1746. Cependant, les ponts sont mentionnés dans le Recueil des plans du Bas-Poitou et de l’Aunis de Claude Masse, un ouvrage publié en 1728.
Les ponts du Port-la-Claye sont réalisés en maçonnerie de pierre ; chaque pile possède avant et arrière-becs.
À partir du 15 septembre 1982, une déviation routière du chemin départemental 949 (CD 949) évitant les ponts est constituée en amont du Lay. Pour la première fois utilisée en 1984, elle relègue la route empruntant les ponts à une voie secondaire.

Le principal édifice, le pont franchissant un des deux bras du cours principal du Lay, est constitué de deux piles et de trois arches. Il se situe le plus à l’est.
Administrativement, il sépare les communes de La Bretonnière-la-Claye, Curzon, Lairoux et Saint-Cyr-en-Talmondais. De 1824 à 2016, il constituait le quadripoint reliant les arrondissements de Fontenay-le-Comte, de La Roche-sur-Yon et des Sables-d’Olonne.
Le second bras du Lay est quant à lui surplombé par un ouvrage d’art plus récent."

Les coordonnées sont celles de ce pont à trois arches sur lequel vous trouverez une jauge pour mesurer le niveau de la rivière Le Lay.


[EN] "The bridges of Port-la-Claye are two buildings crossing the Lay between the towns of La Bretonnière-la-Claye, Curzon, Lairoux and Saint-Cyr-en-Talmondais, in the Vendée department and the Pays-de-la-Loire region. Of the loire.
Both books have been listed as Historic Monuments since 1985.
In ancient times, the "chemin des Sauniers" crosses the Lay near Port-la-Claye, but can only be crossed by boat. This route, the western extension of the "Green Road" between Poitiers and Fontenay, links Jard to Fontenay.
The actual site of the bridges of Port-la-Claye is known since the eighteenth century by maps erected by the engineers of the king. The Map of the Academy, established by the Cassini family, indicates near the "Port-de-Claye" the royal road of Sables to Fontenay crossing Lay divided into arms, which implies the presence of at least two bridges. The Atlas of the Roads of France, by Daniel-Charles Trudaine, for its part indicates the presence of a bridge crossing the river of Grand-Lay and another spanning that of Saint-Benoist with "Port-de-la- Claye.

Benjamin Fillon attributes the realization of the works to Étienne Raimbaud in 1746. However, the bridges are mentioned in Claude Masse's collection of plans for Bas-Poitou and Aunis, a work published in 1728.
The bridges of Port-la-Claye are made of stone masonry; each pile has front and rear beaks.
From September 15, 1982, a road deviation of the 949 (949) departmental road avoiding the bridges is established upstream of the Lay. For the first time in 1984, it relegated the road through bridges to a secondary road.

The main building, the bridge crossing one of the two arms of the main course of Lay, consists of two stacks and three arches. It is the most easterly.
Administratively, it separates the towns of La Bretonnière-la-Claye, Curzon, Lairoux and Saint-Cyr-en-Talmondais. From 1824 to 2016, it was the quadripoint connecting the districts of Fontenay-le-Comte, La Roche-sur-Yon and Sables-d'Olonne.
The second arm of Lay is overlooked by a newer work of art.

The coordinates are those of this bridge with three arches on which you will find a gauge to measure the level of the river Lay.


Source : (visit link)
RIVER GAUGE INFORMATION:
Il s'agit d'une jauge classique, blanche avec des niveaux noirs pour mesurer la hauteur de la rivière Le Lay.


ANY ADDITIONAL WAYPOINT: Not Listed

WEB LINK FOR RIVER GAUGE: Not listed

Visit Instructions:

Log Waymark with coordinates and your images of the River Gauge.
"At least one picture must have the gauge plus you in the view".
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest River Gauges
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
Bono2333 visited Jauge du Pont du Port la Clay - Pays de la Loire, France 6/3/2019 Bono2333 visited it