By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Eglise Saint Andre - Prisse la Charriere, Nouvelle Aquitaine, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member sara et gege
N 46° 09.220 W 000° 29.052
30T E 694261 N 5114198
Quick Description: in the town center dans le centre ville
Location: Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Date Posted: 4/15/2019 1:49:48 AM
Waymark Code: WM10CQ2
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member wayfrog
Views: 0

Long Description:
source Parvis Catholic
The church of La Charrière was a large Romanesque building of the twelfth century. The Poitou Posters of 1776 claim that it could accommodate a thousand people. In the middle of the 19th century, it was so dilapidated that the prefect closed it in March 1857. Then began its restoration but the vault of a bay collapses and, shortly after, an even bigger collapse occurs. There will be from 1857 to 1860 a total reconstruction, paid by the town (12%), the state (30%) and, among others, the proceeds of a lottery organized by the parish priest Joseph-Antoine Chaisneau. The first stone was laid August 19, 1857 by Bishop Cousseau, Bishop of Angouleme and the church was solemnly inaugurated on November 6, 1860 by MgrPie, Bishop of Poitiers, assisted by the same Bishop Cousseau. The new church kept a bell melted in 1755 by Rigneur and recast in 1822 by Peigny. Another bell, left the foundry Guillaume father and son, in Angers, was added and baptized in 1865.


source Parvis Catholic
L’église de La Charrière était un grand édifice roman du XIIe siècle. Les Affiches du Poitou de 1776 prétendent qu’elle pouvait accueillir mille personnes. Au milieu du XIXe siècle, elle est si délabrée que le préfet la fait fermer en mars 1857. Commence alors sa restauration mais la voûte d’une travée s’effondre et, peu de temps après, survient un effondrement encore plus considérable. Il y aura donc de 1857 à 1860 une reconstruction totale, payée par la commune(12%), l’Etat(30%) et, entre autres, par le produit d’une loterie organisée par le curé Joseph-Antoine Chaisneau. La première pierre fut posée le 19 août 1857 par Mgr Cousseau, évêque d’Angoulême et l’église fut solennellement inaugurée le 6 novembre 1860 par MgrPie, évêque de Poitiers, assisté par le même Mgr Cousseau. La nouvelle église conservait une cloche fondue en1755 par Rigneur et refondue en 1822 par Peigny. Une autre cloche, sortie de la fonderie Guillaume père et fils, à Angers, lui fut ajoutée et baptisée en 1865.

ParvisCatholic : (visit link)
Type of building where window is located: Church

Address:
avenue de Saint Jean d Angely
Prisse la Charriere, Nouvelle Aquitaine France
79360


Admission Charge: 0.00 (listed in local currency)

Days of Operation: all

Hours of Operation: From: 9:00 AM To: 6:00 PM

Visit Instructions:
Please include additional photos of the window or windows at this location. Provide additional information regarding the window/s if you are able.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Stained Glass Windows
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
sara et gege visited Eglise Saint Andre - Prisse la Charriere, Nouvelle Aquitaine, France 7/7/2019 sara et gege visited it