By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

L'Orgue de l'Église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois - Paris Ier, France
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member pmaupin
N 48° 51.567 E 002° 20.467
31U E 451672 N 5412040
Quick Description: [EN] Organ of the Sainte-Chapelle, bought by the parish of Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois and reassembled at its current location in 1791. [FR] Orgue de la Sainte-Chapelle, acheté par la paroisse Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois et remonté à son emplacement actuel en 1791.
Location: Île-de-France, France
Date Posted: 3/2/2019 2:51:45 AM
Waymark Code: WM105E9
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Team GPSaxophone
Views: 3

Long Description:

"After the Civil Constitution of the Clergy had suppressed the canons and chaplains who served the Sainte-Chapelle Palace and the decommissioning of the building was pronounced, his large organ is dismantled to be transported to the Church Saint-Germain -l'Auxerrois.

In the month of July, 1791, the instrument is already in place on the platform which is installed above the main entrance of the church; this explains why this organ was preserved without damage until the end of the revolutionary period.

On September 15, 1795, a commission composed of organists Bénigne Balbâtre, Éloi-Nicolas-Marie Miroir and Nicolas Séjan, as well as Pierre-François Dallery and Nicolas Somer, declared the organ in good condition with the exception of the wind tunnel. needs to be fully repaired.

As for the organ of the Sainte-Chapelle, it was housed in a buffet designed by Pierre-Noël Rousset and built by Lavergne in 1756 and 1757. It was a great organ of "eight feet, with Bourdon of sixteen more complete With four manuals and pedalboards built by François-Henri Clicquot. It was inaugurated on March 25, 1771, by Louis-Claude Dacquin and Bénigne Balbâtre.

In 1838, an important restoration was decided by the factory and entrusted to the Louis-Paul Dallery factor under the supervision of the organists Alexandre-Pierre-François Boëly and Danjou. The organ, which then had 36 games and 2209 pipes, is equipped with a new wind tunnel and a "German" pedal. At the same time, John Abbey was commissioned to order a choir organ, which the carpenter Boileau had to execute. On August 1, 1840, Alexandre-Pierre-François Boëly was named organist of the Grand-Orgue. From 1847 to 1850, he had the instrument restored by Ducroquet, who reduced the number of manual keyboards to three, established an expressive New Story, and replaced the Third of Positive with a 4 'Salicional. The reception of these works takes place November 27, 1850.

In 1864, the instrument was completely reworked by Joseph Merklin. This one retains the structure and the sommiers of Ducroquet, except for the pedal. It adds a Barker machine, changes some games and flags almost all the funds, which modifies the harmonization but the reeds have remained intact. The organ then counted 35 games on 3 keyboards and pedal. The inauguration of the instrument, thus transformed, took place on November 21, 1864 with the help of organists Renault de Vilbac, Eugène Vast and Edmond Hocmelle. "

Sources : The Organ

Photo goes Here Photo goes Here

"Après que la Constitution civile du Clergé eut supprimé les chanoines et les chapelains qui desservaient la Sainte-Chapelle du Palais et que la désaffectation de l'édifice eut été prononcée, son grand orgue est démonté pour être transporté à l'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois.

Au mois de juillet 1791, l'instrument est déjà mis en place sur la tribune qui est installée au-dessus de l'entrée principale de l'église; c'est ce qui explique que cet orgue ait été conservé sans dommage jusqu'à la fin de la période révolutionnaire.

Le 15 septembre 1795, une commission, formée des organistes Bénigne Balbâtre, Éloi-Nicolas-Marie Miroir et Nicolas Séjan ainsi que des facteurs Pierre-François Dallery et Nicolas Somer, déclare l'orgue en bon état à l'exception de la soufflerie qui a besoin d'être entièrement réparée.

Quant à l'orgue de la Sainte-Chapelle, il était logé dans un buffet dessiné par Pierre-Noël Rousset et construit par Lavergne en 1756 et 1757. C'était un grand orgue de « huit pieds, avec Bourdon de seize des plus complets » à quatre claviers manuels et pédalier construit par François-Henri Clicquot. Il a été inauguré le 25 mars 1771, par Louis-Claude Dacquin et Bénigne Balbâtre.

En 1838, une restauration importante est décidée par la fabrique et confiée au facteur Louis-Paul Dallery sous la surveillance des organistes Alexandre-Pierre-François Boëly et Danjou. L'orgue, qui comptait alors 36 jeux et 2209 tuyaux, est muni d'une soufflerie neuve et d'un pédalier « à l'allemande ». En même temps, on commande, au facteur John Abbey, un orgue de choeur dont le menuisier Boileau doit exécuter le buffet. Le 1er août 1840, Alexandre-Pierre-François Boëly est nommé organiste du grand-orgue. De 1847 à 1850, il fait restaurer l'instrument par Ducroquet qui réduisit à trois le nombre de claviers manuels, établit un Récit neuf expressif, et remplaça la Tierce du Positif par un Salicional de 4'. La réception de ces travaux a lieu le 27 novembre 1850.

En 1864, l'instrument est entièrement remanié par Joseph Merklin. Celui-ci conserve la structure et les sommiers de Ducroquet, sauf pour la pédale. Il ajoute une machine Barker, change quelques jeux et pavillonne presque tous les fonds, ce qui modifie l'harmonisation mais les anches sont restées intactes. L'orgue comptait alors 35 jeux sur 3 claviers et pédalier. L'inauguration de l'instrument, ainsi transformé, a lieu le 21 novembre 1864 avec le concours des organistes Renault de Vilbac, Eugène Vast et Edmond Hocmelle. "

Sources : L’Orgue

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Musical Instruments
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
pmaupin visited L'Orgue de l'Église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois - Paris Ier, France 2/27/2019 pmaupin visited it