All Saints Catholic Church - Houston, TX
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX
N 29° 47.332 W 095° 23.765
15R E 268380 N 3297796
Quick Description: All Saints was organized in January, 1908 in what was then known as the “Village of the Heights.” The founding pastor, Father George Walsh, commuted from Galveston and celebrated Eucharist in the Fraternal Hall at 12th and Yale.
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 2/18/2019 8:38:42 AM
Waymark Code: WM103DQ
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member bluesnote
Views: 0

Long Description:
Church Website

"In March 1909, the cornerstone of the first church was laid at 10th and Harvard. The church was dedicated by Bishop Gallagher in August 1909.

The present Gothic church and the Rectory were dedicated in 1928, and are still occupied for these purposes. The combination auditorium and cafeteria was built in 1949 to accommodate the increased school enrollment and other parish activities. This building is presently the parish hall."


NRHP Nomination Form

"Brick church with long nave flanked by towers: one of three stories, the other a taller bell tower whose pinnacle is topped with a small stone cross. Ground floor front facade of stone, as is trim on towers and windows. Three Romanesque arches on recessed front entrance: small arched windows at base and top of towers. Gabled nave ends surmounted by small stone crosses. Lateral gable roof at rear. Good stained glass throughout."

Address:
201 E. 10th Street, Houston, TX


Web URL to relevant information: [Web Link]

Artist: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Logging requirements: Please upload your own personal photos of the building and a piece of art (minimum 1).
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Frieze Art
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
There are no logs for this waymark yet.