Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
Delaware Historical Markers
 allows ratings
Description:
To find, locate and mark the coordinates of all the historic markers in the state of Delaware.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]
Currently displaying Delaware Historical Markers

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 281 Page: 2 of 12 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Image for Little Creek United Methodist Church (KC-124) - Little Creek, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersLittle Creek United Methodist Church (KC-124) - Little Creek, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

The current church was constructed in 1883 and was formally dedicated in 1884. It is an example of Gothic Revival architecture. The church is located at 254 Main Street, Little Creek, DE 19961.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/21/2019

last visited: never

Image for Byrd's Africian Methodist Episcopal Church (KC-112) - Camden, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersByrd's Africian Methodist Episcopal Church (KC-112) - Camden, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

In the early 1890s Clayton was home to an increasing population of African-Americans, many of whom were railroad workers. Church was built in 1894 to accommodate this growing community. The church is located at 131 Dickerson Street, Clayton, DE 19934

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/20/2019

last visited: never

Image for Eden Hill Farm (KC-117) - Dover, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersEden Hill Farm (KC-117) - Dover, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Eden Hill was purchased by the State of Delaware in 2004 for preservation and use as judicial chambers of the Supreme Court of Delaware. The marker is on W. North Street and the intersection of Dairy Barn Way, Dover, DE 19904.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/20/2019

last visited: never

Image for Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church (KC-110) - Camden, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersZion African Methodist Episcopal Church (KC-110) - Camden, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

The roots of this congregation can be traced to 1845, when a group of local residents met to formally organize Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church. The church is located at 20 Center Street, Camden, DE 19934.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/20/2019

last visited: never

Image for Roby United Methodist Church (KC-108) - Leipsic, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersRoby United Methodist Church (KC-108) - Leipsic, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

In 1831, residents of this growing community established the Leipsic Methodist Episcopal Church. Increasing political tension over the Civil War led to a division in the membership.The Church is located on Main Street at 2nd Street, Leipsic, DE 19901

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/20/2019

last visited: never

Image for Mount Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church (KC107) - Dover, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersMount Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church (KC107) - Dover, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

The genesis of the African Methodist Episcopal Church can be traced to Delaware in 1777. The Mount Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church is located at 101 N Queen Street, Dover, DE 19904.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/20/2019

last visited: never

Image for Citizens’ Hose Company No. 1. Inc. (KC-106) - Smyrna, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersCitizens’ Hose Company No. 1. Inc. (KC-106) - Smyrna, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

The history of Citizens Hose Company No.1, Inc. began on January 6, 1886, when thirty residents of Smyrna voted to "go into permanent organization". The fire house is located at 103 W. Commerce St, Smyrna, DE 19977

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/19/2019

last visited: never

Image for Thomas D. Clayton School (KC-103) - Smyrna, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersThomas D. Clayton School (KC-103) - Smyrna, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Thomas D. Clayton School-In 1919, a new era for education in Delaware was initiated when a statewide effort to replace old and outdated facilities was undertaken. The school is located at 80 Monrovia Ave, Smyrna, DE 19977.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/19/2019

last visited: never

Image for Union Lodge No.7, A.F. & A.M. (KC-98) - Dover, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersUnion Lodge No.7, A.F. & A.M. (KC-98) - Dover, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

The origin of organized Free masonry in Dover can be traced to the formation of Old Lodge No. 18 on August 25, 1775. The lodge is located at 1478 Wyoming Mill Road, Dover DE 19904

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/19/2019

last visited: never

Image for Calvary Baptist Church (KC-87) - Dover, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersCalvary Baptist Church (KC-87) - Dover, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Calvary Baptist Church-On January 26, 1883, the Delaware Baptist Union was formally incorporated by the state legislature. The marker is located at 410 Fulton Ave, Dover, DE 19904.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/19/2019

last visited: never

Image for Caesar Rodney (KC-62) - Camden, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersCaesar Rodney (KC-62) - Camden, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Caesar Rodney-Born on October 7, 1728 on a farm east of Dover, Caesar Rodney was one of Delaware's most distinguished statesmen. The marker is located at 239 Old North Road, Camden Wyoming DE 19934.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/18/2019

last visited: never

Image for Kenton Hundered (KC-6) - Cheswold, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersKenton Hundered (KC-6) - Cheswold, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Kenton Hundred-Created in 1869 by joining of western halves of Duck Creek and Little Creek Hundreds. Marker is located at 167 Main Street, Cheswold DE 19936

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/18/2019

last visited: never

Image for Site of Dover's First Methodist Church (K-70) - Dover, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersSite of Dover's First Methodist Church (K-70) - Dover, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Site of Dover's First Methodist Church-Desiring a permanent place of worship, members acquired a one-half acre lot at this location from Vincent Loockerman. Marker is at the intersection of W. North Street and South Queen Street, Dover DE 19904.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/18/2019

last visited: never

Image for West Dover Hundred (KC-12) - Marydel, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersWest Dover Hundred (KC-12) - Marydel, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Wes Dover Hundred-Originally part of St. Jones Hundred, renamed Dover Hundred 1823. The marker is at 257 Halltown Rd, Marydel DE 19964.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/18/2019

last visited: never

Image for Mason-Dixon Crownstone (KC-69) - Marydel, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersMason-Dixon Crownstone (KC-69) - Marydel, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Mason-Dixon Crownstone-Mile point stones bore the letters P and M. At five-mile points such as this, the stones included the coats of arms of the Calverts and Penns, proprietors of the colonies. Marker is on 258 Halltown Rd, Marydel, DE 19964

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/18/2019

last visited: never

Image for Brandywine Village and the Road to Yorktown (NCC-246) - Wilmington, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersBrandywine Village and the Road to Yorktown (NCC-246) - Wilmington, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

On September 4-7, 1781, residents of Brandywine Village watched as thousands of American and French troops marched through their community. The marker is located in Brandywine Mills Plaza, 1907 N. Market St. Wilmington, DE 19802

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/6/2019

last visited: never

Image for Delaware Chemical Engineering Company (NCC-242) - Wilmington, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersDelaware Chemical Engineering Company (NCC-242) - Wilmington, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Francis Irenee du Pont (1873-1942) began developing this site as an experimental laboratory for his newly-created Delaware Chemical Engineering Company in 1915. The marker is located at 3101 Miller Road, Wilmington, DE 19802.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/5/2019

last visited: never

Image for Village of Port Penn (NCC-241) - Port Penn, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersVillage of Port Penn (NCC-241) - Port Penn, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Port Penn’s name is attributed to a vist that William Penn made to the area in 1682. The marker is located at the Port Penn Interpretive Center, 5 Port Penn Road, Port Penn, DE

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/5/2019

last visited: 3/15/2021

Image for Mount Pleasant Methodist Episcopal (ME) Church and Parsonage (NCC-239) - Wilmington, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersMount Pleasant Methodist Episcopal (ME) Church and Parsonage (NCC-239) - Wilmington, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Mount Pleasant ME Church formed in 1837 as an outgrowth of local camp meetings. It is located at 1009 Philadelphia Pike, Wilmington DE 19809.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/4/2019

last visited: never

Image for Burton V. Wilmington Parking Authority (NCC-238) - Wilmington, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersBurton V. Wilmington Parking Authority (NCC-238) - Wilmington, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Wilmington City Councilman and Civil Rights activist William “Dutch” Burton worked with the NAACP to expose the racially discriminatory practices of the Eagle Coffee Shoppe. The marker is on Shipley St at the intersection of W 9th St.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/4/2019

last visited: never

Image for Forty Acres (NCC-236) - Wilmington, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersForty Acres (NCC-236) - Wilmington, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Forty Acres was established in 1864 as an early streetcar suburb of Wilmington. The marker is located at 1701 Delaware Ave, Wilmington DE 19806. It is in front of Kelly's Logan House Restaurant.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/4/2019

last visited: 10/8/2019

Image for The Tilton Manson (NCC-234) - Wilmington, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersThe Tilton Manson (NCC-234) - Wilmington, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

The Tilton Mansion was constructed in 1802 by the nation’s first Army Surgeon General, Dr. James Tilton (1745-1822). The marker is located at 805 Broom Street, Wilmington, DE 19805

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/4/2019

last visited: 6/17/2020

Image for Fort Christina - Wilmington, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersFort Christina - Wilmington, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

This park commemorates New Sweden, the colony founded when Peter Minuit’s expedition landed about March 29, 1638.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/3/2019

last visited: never

Image for Fort DuPont (NC-227) - Delaware City, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersFort DuPont (NC-227) - Delaware City, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

This fort was originally established in 1863 as the Ten Gun Battery opposite Fort Delaware. This marker is located on SR9 and New Castle Ave, Delaware City, DE 19720.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/1/2019

last visited: never

Image for Fells Mill Historic District (NC-223) - Wilmington, DEview gallery
Log it!

Delaware Historical MarkersFells Mill Historic District (NC-223) - Wilmington, DE

in Delaware Historical Markers

Constructed in 1749, the area is home to one of the earliest mill sites on the Red Clay Creek. The marker is located at 3040 Faulkland Road, Wilmington DE 19808.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Delaware

date approved: 10/1/2019

last visited: never

Total Records: 281 Page: 2 of 12 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)