By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks Within 100 km of N 51° 00.174 W 114° 07.624 [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
Real World Reproduction
 non-user category
Description:
Finding the real world locations of images and other forms of media and reproducing them on site.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 24 Page: 1 of 1 prev<<<[1]>>>next
Image for The Strathmore Standard - Heritage Park - Calgary, Albertaview gallery

SESE2.4 km

Log it!

Picture Perfect PostcardsThe Strathmore Standard - Heritage Park - Calgary, Alberta

in Picture Perfect Postcards

Althought the post card picture comes from the 20's this building has been moved to Heritage Park in southwest Calgary, Alberta.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member wildwoodke

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 1/13/2008

last visited: never

Image for The Prince House - Heritage Park - Calgary, Albertaview gallery

SESE2.6 km

Log it!

Picture Perfect PostcardsThe Prince House - Heritage Park - Calgary, Alberta

in Picture Perfect Postcards

The Prince House is one the more famous old homes in town...now residing in Heritage Park, located in southwest Calgary, Alberta.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member wildwoodke

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 10/18/2007

last visited: 11/29/2008

Image for The Calgary Milling Company - Calgary, Albertaview gallery

NENE6.4 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowThe Calgary Milling Company - Calgary, Alberta

in Photos Then and Now

The former Calgary Milling Company building is located on Stephen Avenue in downtown Calgary, Alberta.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member wildwoodke

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 5/20/2008

last visited: never

Image for Famous Five - Calgary, Albertaview gallery

NENE6.6 km

Log it!

Numismatic PhotographsFamous Five - Calgary, Alberta

in Numismatic Photographs

The famous five included Emily Murphy, Louise McKinney, Nellie McClung, Henrietta Muir Edwards and Irene Parlby. This statue, found on the back of a Canadian $50 bill, is located in downtown Calgary, Alberta.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member wildwoodke

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 5/31/2012

last visited: 3/19/2015

Image for Simmons Factory Building - Calgary, Albertaview gallery

NENE7.4 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowSimmons Factory Building - Calgary, Alberta

in Photos Then and Now

This old building, constructed in 1912, was the site of a Simmons bedding factory, once making bedding for Canada's military in WWII. The building is located in East Village in Calgary, Alberta

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member wildwoodke

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 10/30/2011

last visited: 8/3/2014

Image for Trinity Methodist Church - Calgary, Albertaview gallery

NENE7.7 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowTrinity Methodist Church - Calgary, Alberta

in Photos Then and Now

This photo from Ancestry dot com and taken in 2012 shows the difference from approximately 50 years ago and today of Trinity Methodist Church in the community of Inglewood in Calgary, Alberta.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member wildwoodke

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 4/22/2012

last visited: never

Image for Lacombe Home Water Tower - Calgary, ABview gallery

SESE9.8 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowLacombe Home Water Tower - Calgary, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Built about 1921, this water tower was initially part of a home for orphans, the aged and the poor.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 10/18/2018

last visited: never

Image for St. Paul's Anglican Church - Calgary, ABview gallery

SESE9.8 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowSt. Paul's Anglican Church - Calgary, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Once well out in the country, surrounded by nothing but grass, trees and prairie dogs, St. Paul's Anglican is now completely engulfed by the City of Calgary.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/8/2018

last visited: never

Image for McDougall Memorial United Church - Morley, ABview gallery

NWNW52.9 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowMcDougall Memorial United Church - Morley, AB

in Photos Then and Now

The oldest Carpenter Gothic building in its original location in Alberta and the oldest Methodist church in Alberta, this log mission church was built in 1875 to serve the natives of southern Alberta, particularly the Stoney People.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/23/2015

last visited: never

Image for Shaw and Cooper Block - Nanton, ABview gallery

SS76.9 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowShaw and Cooper Block - Nanton, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Built by two of Nanton's heaviest hitters at the time, this old bank building has again become a bank, though a different bank.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 9/12/2018

last visited: never

Image for Church of Christ - Nanton, ABview gallery

SS77.1 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowChurch of Christ - Nanton, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Dedicated in 1929, this Anglican Church has since become an Anglican and Lutheran church.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 10/10/2018

last visited: never

Image for Milnes Block - Claresholm, ABview gallery

SS115.2 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowMilnes Block - Claresholm, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Realtor, business owner, builder and member of the Provincial Legislative Assembly, Thomas Charles Milnes, after whom this block is named, became one of the principal movers and shakers in Claresholm upon his arrival in 1907.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 9/12/2018

last visited: never

Image for North Red Deer Cottage School - Red Deer, ABview gallery

NN143.6 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowNorth Red Deer Cottage School - Red Deer, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Once a Grade one to eight elementary school, this 1912 school is now, believe it or not, a high school.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 9/5/2018

last visited: never

Image for Coleman Mercantile Store - Coleman, ABview gallery

SS154.7 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowColeman Mercantile Store - Coleman, AB

in Photos Then and Now

The first major retail outlet in Coleman, the Mercantile Store was something akin to a turn of the century "Real Crowsnest Superstore", selling everything from groceries to clothes, furniture & appliances - even cattle feed.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/9/2015

last visited: never

Image for Italian Hall - Coleman, ABview gallery

SS154.7 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowItalian Hall - Coleman, AB

in Photos Then and Now

One of the first commercial buildings to be erected in the new town of Coleman, it opened its doors for the first time in 1904 as a hardware store. The next time it opened its doors, in 1912, it was as the home of the Italian Benevolent Society.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/9/2015

last visited: never

Image for Morrison Block - Coleman, ABview gallery

SS154.7 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowMorrison Block - Coleman, AB

in Photos Then and Now

By 1912, just 9 years after Coleman came into being, they were already rebuilding the downtown area, when this building replaced three older wood buildings. First a theatre screening silent films, it later became a car dealership and gas station.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/10/2015

last visited: never

Image for Crowsnest Pass Polish Hall - Coleman, ABview gallery

SS154.8 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowCrowsnest Pass Polish Hall - Coleman, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Across the railroad tracks south of the main part of Coleman, the Polish Hall was built in 1927 for the then substantial Polish population of the Crowsnest area by the Polish Society of Brotherly Aid.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/10/2015

last visited: never

Image for West Canadian Collieries Office - Blairmore, ABview gallery

SS156.6 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowWest Canadian Collieries Office - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

West Canadian Collieries was the company which Blairmore has to thank for its existence. It was they who opened their first coal mine near Bellevue in 1903, operating it until the 1960s, yet chose Blairmore as the site for their headquarters.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/12/2015

last visited: never

Image for F. M. Thompson West End Store - Blairmore, ABview gallery

SS156.6 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowF. M. Thompson West End Store - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

A second store operated by the Thompson Family, this building was shared by their grocery with a liquor store for many years. Today it is partially occupied, partially vacant.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/13/2015

last visited: never

Image for Greenhill Hotel - Blairmore, ABview gallery

SS156.8 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowGreenhill Hotel - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Another building by West Canadian Collieries, the hotel was opened in 1922, but was leased and never operated by the company. Like the town of Blairmore, this hotel is a survivor, still open for business today.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/12/2015

last visited: 6/19/2015

Image for Red Trail Motors - Blairmore, ABview gallery

SS156.8 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowRed Trail Motors - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

After fire had twice cleaned out the two lots on which this former service station sits, first in 1912, then again in 1919, they remained empty until its construction in 1923.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/13/2015

last visited: never

Image for Union Bank - Blairmore, ABview gallery

SS156.8 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowUnion Bank - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

This substantial brick building, not terribly large, two storeys in height, rectangular in plan and having tasteful and somewhat muted decorative touches on the façade is, like many early small town banks, fairly easy to identify as such.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/10/2015

last visited: never

Image for St. Luke's Anglican Church - Blairmore, ABview gallery

SS156.8 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowSt. Luke's Anglican Church - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

Now a "blended" church, St. Luke's, whose sanctuary was built in 1903 as a Royal North West Mounted Police post, is now known as Grace Church, an Anglican and United Church which serves both congregations.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/12/2015

last visited: never

Image for Lethbridge Brewing and Malting - Blairmore, ABview gallery

SS156.8 km

Log it!

Photos Then and NowLethbridge Brewing and Malting - Blairmore, AB

in Photos Then and Now

The place where the miners obtained their 'Bridge Brew, this, in their minds, may be the most valuable historic building in the town. The fact that it was the first commercial building in The Pass built of stone doesn't hurt, though.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member BK-Hunters

location: Alberta, Canada

date approved: 8/12/2015

last visited: never

Total Records: 24 Page: 1 of 1 prev<<<[1]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)