Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks Within 100 km of N 53° 21.049 W 006° 15.632 [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 208 Page: 1 of 9 prev<<<[123456789]>>>next
Image for Dublin Tourist Information on O'Connell Streetview gallery

here0 km

Log it!

Tourist Information Centers - Visitor CentersDublin Tourist Information on O'Connell Street

in Tourist Information Centers - Visitor Centers

There is more than one tourist office in Dublin. This one is along O'Connell Street.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member RakeInTheCache

location: Ireland

date approved: 10/31/2006

last visited: 7/2/2019

Image for St Mary's Pro Cathedral - Marlborough Street, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

EE0.2 km

Log it!

CathedralsSt Mary's Pro Cathedral - Marlborough Street, Dublin, Ireland

in Cathedrals

St Mary's Pro-Cathedral is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Dublin and Primate of Ireland. It was consecrated in 1825 by Daniel Murray the Archbishop of Dublin. The architect was George Papworth and was constructed in a Neoclassical style

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/9/2016

last visited: 7/5/2017

Image for St Mary's Pro-Cathedral - Marlborough Street, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

EE0.2 km

Log it!

Roman Catholic ChurchesSt Mary's Pro-Cathedral - Marlborough Street, Dublin, Ireland

in Roman Catholic Churches

St Mary's Pro-Cathedral is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Dublin and Primate of Ireland. It was consecrated in 1825 by Daniel Murray the Archbishop of Dublin. The architect was George Papworth and was constructed in a Neoclassical style

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/9/2016

last visited: 10/24/2011

Image for St Mary's Pro-Cathedral - Marlborough Street, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

EE0.2 km

Log it!

This Old ChurchSt Mary's Pro-Cathedral - Marlborough Street, Dublin, Ireland

in This Old Church

St Mary's Pro-Cathedral is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Dublin and Primate of Ireland. It was consecrated in 1825 by Daniel Murray the Archbishop of Dublin. The architect was George Papworth and was constructed in a Neoclassical style

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/9/2016

last visited: 10/24/2011

Image for The General Post Office - O'Connell Street, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SS0.2 km

Log it!

European Post OfficesThe General Post Office - O'Connell Street, Dublin, Ireland

in European Post Offices

Building of the Post Office started in 1814 and, during the Easter Rising of 1916, it was destroyed and re-opened in 1929. This is a magnificent building on the west side of O'Connell Street.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 12/10/2012

last visited: 7/10/2018

Image for Rotunda Hospital - Parnell Square Dublinview gallery

NWNW0.2 km

Log it!

HospitalsRotunda Hospital - Parnell Square Dublin

in Hospitals

The Rotunda Hospital has been providing maternity services to women and their families for hundreds of years.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Windsocker

location: Ireland

date approved: 3/10/2008

last visited: 7/3/2019

Image for William Smith O'Brien - O'Connell Street, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SS0.3 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresWilliam Smith O'Brien - O'Connell Street, Dublin, Ireland

in Relocated Structures

This statue of William Smith O'Brien stands in the centre of O'Connell Street in Dublin. The statue was erected in 1870 and was designed by Thomas Farrell. The statue was originally at the south side of the O'Connell bridge in D'Olier Street.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/13/2016

last visited: 7/1/2019

Image for Abbey Church - Dublin Irelandview gallery

NWNW0.5 km

Log it!

This Old ChurchAbbey Church - Dublin Ireland

in This Old Church

On the north-east corner of Parnell Square is the Abbey Presbyterian Church (1864), usually known as Findlater's Church after the wealthy merchant who paid for the building. Its graceful neo-Gothic spire is one of Dublin's landmarks.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Windsocker

location: Ireland

date approved: 3/10/2008

last visited: 7/16/2019

Image for Abbey Presbyterian Church - Parnell Square North, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

NWNW0.5 km

Log it!

Presbyterian ChurchesAbbey Presbyterian Church - Parnell Square North, Dublin, Ireland

in Presbyterian Churches

The Abbey Presbyterian Church, or Findlater's Church, as it is locally known, opened in 1864. It is located at the north corner of Parnell Square. It has a spire that is almost 55 metres tall that can be seen across Dublin.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/11/2016

last visited: 7/16/2019

Image for 1941 - Oliver St John Gogarty Bar - Anglesea Street, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SS0.6 km

Log it!

Dated Buildings and Cornerstones1941 - Oliver St John Gogarty Bar - Anglesea Street, Dublin, Ireland

in Dated Buildings and Cornerstones

The Oliver St John Bar/Pub/Restaurant/Hosetel stands at the junction of Anglesea Street and Fleet Street in Dublin.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/26/2016

last visited: never

Image for 1898 - 10 Anglesea Street - Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SS0.6 km

Log it!

Dated Buildings and Cornerstones1898 - 10 Anglesea Street - Dublin, Ireland

in Dated Buildings and Cornerstones

The year, 1898, is visible at 2nd floor level of this building on the west side of Anglesea Street in Dublin.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/26/2016

last visited: 7/16/2019

Image for 1895 - 28 Anglesea Street - Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SS0.6 km

Log it!

Dated Buildings and Cornerstones1895 - 28 Anglesea Street - Dublin, Ireland

in Dated Buildings and Cornerstones

This 1895 building is located on the east side of Anglesea Street in Dublin.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/26/2016

last visited: 7/2/2019

Image for Trinity College - Dublinview gallery

SS0.6 km

Log it!

Doorways of the WorldTrinity College - Dublin

in Doorways of the World

This doorway is the main entrance to Trinity College Dublin.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Windsocker

location: Ireland

date approved: 4/14/2008

last visited: 7/10/2018

Image for Central Fire Station - Tara Street, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SESE0.6 km

Log it!

Converted FirehousesCentral Fire Station - Tara Street, Dublin, Ireland

in Converted Firehouses

This former fire station and fire brigade headquarters building stands at the junction of Tara Street and Pearse Street in Dublin. Today, April 2016, it has been transformed into the Trinity City Hotel.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/24/2016

last visited: never

Image for Connolly Station, Dublin -Irelandview gallery

EE0.6 km

Log it!

Train Stations/DepotsConnolly Station, Dublin -Ireland

in Train Stations/Depots

Connolly station (Irish: Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile) or Dublin Connolly is the busiest railway station in Dublin and Ireland

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member superstein

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 5/4/2019

last visited: 7/13/2019

Image for Trinity College and Book of Kells -- Dublin, Ireland.view gallery

SS0.6 km

Log it!

Universities and CollegesTrinity College and Book of Kells -- Dublin, Ireland.

in Universities and Colleges

The University of Dublin, Trinity College, founded in 1592, is the oldest university in Ireland. Trinity College is the sole constituent college of the University.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member RakeInTheCache

location: Ireland

date approved: 10/31/2006

last visited: 10/19/2018

Image for Central Tourist Office - [Former] St Andrew's Church, St Andrew's Street, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SS0.8 km

Log it!

This Old ChurchCentral Tourist Office - [Former] St Andrew's Church, St Andrew's Street, Dublin, Ireland

in This Old Church

St Andrew's church is now the home of the Central Tourist Office in Dublin. The church was rebuilt in 1862 after the former church was destroyed by fire. It is located at the junction of St Andrew's Street and Suffolk Street in Dublin.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/30/2016

last visited: 9/22/2019

Image for Central Tourist Office - St Andrew's Street, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SS0.8 km

Log it!

Tourist Information Centers - Visitor CentersCentral Tourist Office - St Andrew's Street, Dublin, Ireland

in Tourist Information Centers - Visitor Centers

St Andrew's church is now the home of the Central Tourist Office in Dublin. The church was rebuilt in 1862 after the former church was destroyed by fire. It is located at the junction of St Andrew's Street and Suffolk Street in Dublin.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 5/3/2016

last visited: 9/22/2019

Image for [Former] St Andrew's Church - Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SS0.8 km

Log it!

Anglican and Episcopal Churches[Former] St Andrew's Church - Dublin, Ireland

in Anglican and Episcopal Churches

St Andrew's church is now the home of the Central Tourist Office in Dublin. The church was rebuilt in 1862 after the former church was destroyed by fire. It is located at the junction of St Andrew's Street and Suffolk Street in Dublin.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/30/2016

last visited: 9/22/2019

Image for Triumphal Arch - Custom House Quay, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

EE0.8 km

Log it!

Relocated StructuresTriumphal Arch - Custom House Quay, Dublin, Ireland

in Relocated Structures

This triumphal arch was built in 1813 and until 1998 stood in Amiens Street in Dublin. It was relocated to the newly redeveloped Custom House Quay area in 1998. A plaque attached to the arch indicates that the arch is dedicated to Pat O'Shea.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/10/2016

last visited: 7/1/2019

Image for Cork Hill, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SWSW0.8 km

Log it!

City and Town HallsCork Hill, Dublin, Ireland

in City and Town Halls

Dublin City Hall, that was built as The Royal Exchange between 1769 and 1779, took up its current name in 1852. It is located on the south side of Cork Hill close to Dublin Castle. The building is now only used for ceremonial occasions.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/29/2016

last visited: 7/4/2019

Image for [Former] Royal Exchange - Cork Hill, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SWSW0.8 km

Log it!

Current and Former Exchanges[Former] Royal Exchange - Cork Hill, Dublin, Ireland

in Current and Former Exchanges

The Royal Exchange, built between 1769 and 1779, took up its current name as City Hall in 1852. It is located on the south side of Cork Hill close to Dublin Castle.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/26/2016

last visited: 7/4/2019

Image for Connolly Station Turntable - Dublin, Irelandview gallery

EE1 km

Log it!

Railway RoundhousesConnolly Station Turntable - Dublin, Ireland

in Railway Roundhouses

[ENG] Connolly Station Turntable - Dublin, Ireland [GER] Connolly Station Drehscheibe - Dublin, Irland

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Kladings

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 9/12/2019

last visited: never

Image for Chapel Royal - Dublin Castle, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SWSW1 km

Log it!

This Old ChurchChapel Royal - Dublin Castle, Dublin, Ireland

in This Old Church

The Chapel Royal, built between 1807 and 1814, is a gothic revival building designed by Francis Johnston. It is famous for its vaulting, its particularly fine plaster decoration and carved oaks and galleries.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/29/2016

last visited: 9/22/2019

Image for Chapel Royal - Dublin Castle, Dublin, Irelandview gallery

SWSW1 km

Log it!

Roman Catholic ChurchesChapel Royal - Dublin Castle, Dublin, Ireland

in Roman Catholic Churches

The Chapel Royal started life as a Church of Ireland chapel until the British left in 1922. In 1943 the chapel was taken over by the Irish Army and became a Roman Catholic church. It remains consecrated but services are no longer held here.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member Master Mariner

location: Dublin, Ireland

date approved: 4/29/2016

last visited: 9/22/2019

Total Records: 208 Page: 1 of 9 prev<<<[123456789]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)