Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
Maryland Historical Markers
 allows ratings
Description:
Historic markers have been a familiar sight on Maryland's roads and highways for more than half a century. The roadside historic marker program has proven an effective way to draw attention to the many events, people and places that have contributed to the richness of our state. There are hundreds of these along Maryland's roadways!

This category is for locating and waymarking these markers!
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]
Currently displaying Maryland Historical Markers

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 563 Page: 6 of 23 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Image for Bohemia-Earleville, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersBohemia-Earleville, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Bohemia was the home of George Milligan (1720-1783) a Scotch trader.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/13/2019

last visited: never

Image for Third and Last County Almshouse-Cockeysville, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersThird and Last County Almshouse-Cockeysville, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

The building was constructed and furnished at a cost of$60,000 in 1872.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/12/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for Perry Hall-Perry Hall, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersPerry Hall-Perry Hall, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Perry Hall "The Adventure" 1000 acres is one of the largest houses in Maryland.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/12/2019

last visited: 8/25/2019

Image for Union of Brothers and Sisters of Ford's Asbury Lodge No. 1-White Marsh, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersUnion of Brothers and Sisters of Ford's Asbury Lodge No. 1-White Marsh, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Ford's Asbury Lodge No. 1 was built for the African American Community in 1874 as a school for children in the Loreley area.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/12/2019

last visited: 8/25/2019

Image for Hampton-Towson, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersHampton-Towson, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Hampton 1783-1790 Estate of the Ridgely Family from 1745 to 1948.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/12/2019

last visited: 6/17/2011

Image for Saint John's Parish (Gunpowder)-Kingsville, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersSaint John's Parish (Gunpowder)-Kingsville, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Saint John's Parish old church was built in 1817.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/12/2019

last visited: 8/25/2019

Image for The Joppa Roadview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersThe Joppa Road

in Maryland Historical Markers

The Joppa Road was originally an Indian Trail used in 1695.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/12/2019

last visited: 8/25/2019

Image for Rockland-Brooklandville, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersRockland-Brooklandville, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

The industrial development of the Jones Falls Turnpike Road, circa 1806, and later by the Baltimore and Susquehanna Railroad, was the reason for the construction of Rockland Village.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for Brooklandwood-Brooklandville, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersBrooklandwood-Brooklandville, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Brookland 1798 was built by Charles Carroll of Carrollton, signer of the Declaration of Indenpendence and Maryland's first U.S. Senator.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for Saters Church-Brooklandville, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersSaters Church-Brooklandville, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

On land granted by the Fifth Lord Baltimore, Henry Sater, gentleman planter, founded this first church of Baptists in Maryland.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for St. John The Evangelist Catholic Church-Hyde, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersSt. John The Evangelist Catholic Church-Hyde, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

St. John The Evangelist Catholic Church was the first Roman Catholic Church in Baltimore County founded in 1822.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for The Colored Methodist Protestant St. John's Chapel of Baltimore County-Ruxton, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersThe Colored Methodist Protestant St. John's Chapel of Baltimore County-Ruxton, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

St. John's Chapel was orginally constructed as a log cabin in 1833 and served the local black community as house of worship and burying ground.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for "The Eagles Nest"-Phoenix, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical Markers"The Eagles Nest"-Phoenix, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

The Eagles Nest was part of the Valley of Jehosaphat, now Dulaney Valley and patented August 10, 1767.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for St. Paul's Lutheran Church (LCA)-Upperco, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersSt. Paul's Lutheran Church (LCA)-Upperco, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

St. Paul's Lutheran Church is believed to be the oldest existing Lutheran Church in Baltimore County. It was begun as Union Church in the early 1700's.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 8/10/2019

Image for Scott's Quarry-Butler, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersScott's Quarry-Butler, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Marble from Scott's quarry was used to build the Washington Monument in Baltimore, MD.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 9/1/2019

Image for Scott's Quarry-Butler, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersScott's Quarry-Butler, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Marble from Scott's Quarry was used to build the Washington Monument in Baltimore.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 9/1/2019

Image for "Quinn"-Sweet Air, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical Markers"Quinn"-Sweet Air, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Quinn is the name of a 500 acre grant in 1704 to Thomas MacNemara, later called "Sweet Air".

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for Northampton Furnace-Lutherville, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersNorthampton Furnace-Lutherville, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Northampton Furnace was built in 1759 by Charles Ridgely. It furnished cannon and shot for the Revolution.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for North Point-Edgemere, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersNorth Point-Edgemere, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

During the War of 1812,the British Forces landed at the tip of North Point en route to Baltimore

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: never

Image for Nicholson's Manor-Reisterstown, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersNicholson's Manor-Reisterstown, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

William Nicholson of Anne Arundel County patented August 6, 1719 for 4200 acres.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 8/10/2019

Image for Nicholas Ruxton Moore-Towson, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersNicholas Ruxton Moore-Towson, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

He commanded "Baltimore Light Dragoons" during the Revolution and also was a Lieutenant Colonel at the outbreak of the War of 1812.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/10/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for Lutherville Historic District-Lutherville, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersLutherville Historic District-Lutherville, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Lutherville was named for Martin Luther and it was founded in 1852 by Dr. John G. Morris as the location of Lutherville Female Seminary.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/8/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for Hoffman Paper Mills-Hoffmanville, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersHoffman Paper Mills-Hoffmanville, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

The first paper maker in Maryland was William Hoffman and in 1775 he built the first mill.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/8/2019

last visited: 8/31/2019

Image for Gunpowder Manor Long Green Valley-Baldwin, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersGunpowder Manor Long Green Valley-Baldwin, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

In this valley 7,031 acres laid out in 1683 for Charles, Fifth Lord of Baltimore.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/8/2019

last visited: 8/11/2019

Image for Mt. Paran Presbyterian Church and Cemetery-Randallstown, MDview gallery
Log it!

Maryland Historical MarkersMt. Paran Presbyterian Church and Cemetery-Randallstown, MD

in Maryland Historical Markers

Mt. Paran Church was incorporated September 18, 1841. The church was called Soldier's Delight prior to 1841.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member Don.Morfe

location: Maryland

date approved: 8/8/2019

last visited: 8/10/2019

Total Records: 563 Page: 6 of 23 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)