Show/HideSearch Criteria: All Waymarks Within 100 km of N 42° 41.085 W 089° 01.390 [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
U.S. National Register of Historic Places
 allows ratings
Description:
The U.S. National Register of Historic Places lists over 87,000 sites officially approved by the U.S. National Park Service as cultural resources worthy of preservation.
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 442 Page: 1 of 18 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Image for Myers-Newhoff House - Janesville, WIview gallery

here0 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMyers-Newhoff House - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Peter Myers was a rich French entrepreneur who built several buildings in downtown Janesville in the mid-19th century. The Myers-Newhoff House is located at 121 N. Parker Dr.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/22/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Myers, Peter, Pork Packing Plant and Willard Coleman Building - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW0.2 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMyers, Peter, Pork Packing Plant and Willard Coleman Building - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This building was constructed by Peter Myers on March 19, 1851. He used it for his Pork Packing Plant for many years. It is located at 117-123 N Main St in Janesville, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/22/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for North Main Street Historic District - Janesville, WIview gallery

SESE0.2 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesNorth Main Street Historic District - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The North Main Street Historic District comprises 25 acres including 9 buildings and 1 structure. It includes the first couple of blocks of North Main and North Parker Streets in Janesville, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/22/2007

last visited: 6/26/2008

Image for Lappin-Hayes Block - Janesville, WIview gallery

SS0.2 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesLappin-Hayes Block - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This Lappin-Hayes Block was built in 1855 and stands on the site of the Henry F. James cabin. It is located at 20 E. Milwaukee St in Janesville, WI. Arthur Peabody and William J. Beauley were the architects.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/22/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for South Main Street Historic District  -  Janesville, WIview gallery

SS0.3 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesSouth Main Street Historic District - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The South Main Street Historic District comprises only 30 acres and 14 buildings, but contains a rich amount of Janesville commercial history. It includes the Public Library, Fedendall and Lappin-Hayes Blocks, and the Court St. Methodist Church.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/22/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Court Street Methodist Church - Janesville, WIview gallery

SS0.3 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesCourt Street Methodist Church - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Court Street Methodist Church was built in 1868 after the American House which occupied the site burned down. It is located at 36 S. Main St. in Janesville, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/20/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Fredendall Block - Janesville, WIview gallery

SESE0.3 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesFredendall Block - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Fredendall Block was constructed in 1868 after fire destroyed the buildings on this site. It is located at 33-39 S. Main St in Janesville, WI. George Schulze was the architect.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/20/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Janesville Public Library - Janesville, WIview gallery

SESE0.5 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesJanesville Public Library - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Janesville Public Library building was built in 1902-1903. The Carnegie Foundation contributed $30,000 toward its construction. The building is now called the Crossroads building and serves as a Senior Center.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/20/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Lovejoy and Merrill-Nowlan Houses - Janesville, WIview gallery

SESE0.5 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesLovejoy and Merrill-Nowlan Houses - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

These two houses are part of the Courthouse Hill Historic District, but are also listed on the National Register in their own right. They are located at 220 and 202 Lawrence Ave in Janesville Wisconsin.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/13/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Courthouse Hill Historic District - Janesville, WIview gallery

EE0.5 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesCourthouse Hill Historic District - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Courthouse Hill Historic District rises above the city of Janesville and the east side of the Rock River on a steep bluff. It encompasses 30 blocks and 219 properties.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/13/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for West Milwaukee Street Historic District - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW0.6 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesWest Milwaukee Street Historic District - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The West Milwaukee Street Historic District encompasses 11 blocks which include the imposing Art Deco Monterey Hotel, the Armory, the First Congregational Church and much more.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/20/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Armory, The - Janesville, WIview gallery

SWSW0.6 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesArmory, The - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Armory was built in 1930 and served as the home of the National Guard 32nd Tank Company. It is located at 10 S High St in Janesville, WI. Today it serves as a dinner theater.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/16/2007

last visited: 8/1/2011

Image for Janesville High School - Janesville, WIview gallery

SESE1 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesJanesville High School - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Janesville High School was built in 1923 and used as a school until December 1996. It now houses the Janesville Performing Arts Center and the Marshall Apartments. It is located at 408 S Main St, Janesville, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/15/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Janesville Pumping Station - Janesville, WIview gallery

SS1.1 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesJanesville Pumping Station - Janesville, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Janesville Pumping Station was built in 1887 as a private utility. It is located at 555 S River St in Janesville, WI. The building now houses offices.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/16/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Milton College Historic District - Milton, WIview gallery

NENE11.9 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMilton College Historic District - Milton, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Milton College was started in 1844 and closed in 1982. Today there are 4 existing buildings from the college and another contributing building across the street.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/11/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for McEwan, Peter, Warehouse - Milton, WIview gallery

NENE12.1 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMcEwan, Peter, Warehouse - Milton, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

John Goodrich made history when he constructed the Milton House using poured grout (concrete). The McEwan Warehouse was also constructed using this method.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/12/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Alexander, John, Wheat Warehouse - Milton, WIview gallery

NENE12.2 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesAlexander, John, Wheat Warehouse - Milton, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Joseph Goodrich made history when he constructed the Milton House using poured grout (concrete). The Alexander-Sunnyview warehouse is another building that was constructed using this technique.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/12/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Goodrich Blacksmith Shop  -  Milton, WIview gallery

NENE12.4 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesGoodrich Blacksmith Shop - Milton, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Goodrich Blacksmith Shop was built by Joseph Goodrich and is constructed using poured grout. It is located at 28 S Janesville St, Milton, WI next to the Milton House.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/11/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Milton House - Milton, WIview gallery

NENE12.4 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesMilton House - Milton, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Milton House was an important stagecoach stop and transfer point. It was also a pre-Civil War station in the underground railroad.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/11/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Turtleville Iron Bridge - Shopiere, WIview gallery

SS14 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesTurtleville Iron Bridge - Shopiere, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Turtleville bridge carries Hwy 51 across Turtle Creek. It was built in 1887 by the Wisconsin Bridge and Iron Company to carry horse and carriage traffic. It was repaired in the 1970's and continues to carry traffic today.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/25/2007

last visited: 6/26/2008

Image for Shopiere Congregational Church - Shopiere, WIview gallery

SESE14.5 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesShopiere Congregational Church - Shopiere, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

The Shopiere Congregational Church was built in 1853. It is still an active church. It is located at 5328 Church St in Shopiere, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/25/2007

last visited: 10/6/2007

Image for Beloit Water Tower - Beloit, WIview gallery

SS19.5 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesBeloit Water Tower - Beloit, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Situated high on the east ridge of the Rock River valley sits the remains of an old water tower. This water tower was built in 1885.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/29/2007

last visited: 10/18/2014

Image for City of Beloit Waterworks and Pump Station - Beloit, WIview gallery

SS19.6 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesCity of Beloit Waterworks and Pump Station - Beloit, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

This building and the water tower that towers above it on the hill used to provide water to the city of Beloit. Now both welcome visitors to the city.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/30/2007

last visited: 8/1/2011

Image for Emerson Hall - Beloit, WIview gallery

SS19.8 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesEmerson Hall - Beloit, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Emerson Hall was built in 1897 and named after Prof Joseph Emerson. It is located on the Beloit College campus in Beloit, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/28/2007

last visited: 7/31/2012

Image for Pearsons Hall of Science - Beloit, WIview gallery

SS20.1 km

Log it!

U.S. National Register of Historic PlacesPearsons Hall of Science - Beloit, WI

in U.S. National Register of Historic Places

Pearsons Hall of Science was erected in 1892-93 in honor of Dr. D. K. Pearsons, of Hinsdale, Illinois, whose gift made the building possible. It is part of Beloit College in Beloit, WI.

posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member onfire4jesus

location: Wisconsin

date approved: 10/26/2007

last visited: 6/7/2011

Total Records: 442 Page: 1 of 18 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)