Show/HideSearch Criteria: T0SHEA's Waymarks [show search options]
Additional Settings: all dates, containing keyword(s) 'Photobucket'
Show/HideCategories [hide category]
NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings
 allows ratings
Managed By: Icon Here NRHP Geeks
Description:
This category is to list structures cast in a supporting role for National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) Historic Districts as 'contributing structures.'
Show/HideWaymarks [hide waymarks]
Currently displaying NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

sorted by:

 
Total Records: 339 Page: 1 of 14 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Image for Kaiser House Annex - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsKaiser House Annex - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Originally an addition to the Kaiser House Hotel(qv) across the alley, this building was bought in 1908 by George A. Stephens and subsequently operated as a separate hotel. It has been known ever since as the Stephens Hotel.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/7/2014

last visited: never

Image for Hynes House - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsHynes House - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This false fronted old wood frame building was one of the earlier ones built along Broadway. While all of its contemporaries have been rebuilt or replaced with masonry structures, this is the last remaining of the original wood frame structures.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/7/2014

last visited: never

Image for Journalism Building - U of M - Missoula, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsJournalism Building - U of M - Missoula, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Though the Faculty of Journalism was founded in 1914, it had no permanent and acceptable home until 1937, when this building was completed with the aid of PWA funding. Quite a step up from the original four tents pitched in 1914.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/9/2014

last visited: never

Image for North Hall - U of M - Missoula, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsNorth Hall - U of M - Missoula, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The work of Helena architects J. G. Link and C. S. Haire, this 1922 building is yet another Renaissance Revival structure. A women's residence until 1987, it is now home to several associations, foundations and various other organizations.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/10/2014

last visited: never

Image for South Hall - U of M - Missoula, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsSouth Hall - U of M - Missoula, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The early 1920s saw the addition of several buildings to the U of M campus, this being one. Designed by Link and Haire of Helena, it was completed in 1923 as a Renaissance Revival style men's residence.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/11/2014

last visited: never

Image for Weinstein Building - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsWeinstein Building - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

One of the earliest buildings to be constructed in Philipsburg, this building was built by its first merchant, William Weinstein. Begun as early as the 1870s, the final part of the building was added in about 1887.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/7/2014

last visited: never

Image for Chemistry-Pharmacy Building - U of M - Missoula, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsChemistry-Pharmacy Building - U of M - Missoula, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This was one of five buildings built between 1935 and 1939, most of which were financed or assisted by either the WPA or the PWA. Construction of this building was made possible through a WPA loan and the sale of bonds.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/8/2014

last visited: never

Image for New Hall - U of M - Missoula, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsNew Hall - U of M - Missoula, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Architects H. E. Kirkemo of Missoula and J. Van Teylingen of Great Falls combined their talents to design this building which opened in 1939. Its style is Renaissance Revival with hints of Art Deco sprinkled about.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/10/2014

last visited: never

Image for Student Union - U of M - Missoula, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsStudent Union - U of M - Missoula, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

One of five depression era buildings constructed on campus, this one was designed by local architect C. J. Forbis and funded in part by the PWA. Art Deco in design, it was a departure from the Renaissance Revival style seen exclusively to that time.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/10/2014

last visited: never

Image for Women's Hall - U of M - Missoula, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsWomen's Hall - U of M - Missoula, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Completed in 1903, this was one of the early buildings on campus. The third of five buildings here designed by A. J. Gibson, it occupies a premium position on The Oval. Originally the first women's residence, this is now the mathematics department.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/11/2014

last visited: never

Image for 123 East Broadway - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings123 East Broadway - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This building, constructed in 1910, is one of many buildings that went up in the boom years of the 1910s. For many years beginning in 1941 the home of the Philipsburg Mail newspaper, it is now home to a great candy store, The Sweet Palace.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/6/2014

last visited: never

Image for Courtney Hotel - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsCourtney Hotel - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

One of the early auto dealerships in Philipsburg, selling Overland cars, occupied this building, which was built in 1918. At the same time it was a hotel, offices and a garage. Now it is a museum, information centre and community centre. Eclectic!

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/6/2014

last visited: never

Image for Kaiser House - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsKaiser House - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

One of the earliest masonry structures built in Philipsburg, the Kaiser House was the finest hotel in town, with a fine bar, billiard room, and 50 cent T-bone steaks. Though no longer a hotel, it remains an elegant fixture on Broadway Street.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/6/2014

last visited: never

Image for Masonic Temple - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsMasonic Temple - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Though the Masons of Flint Creek Lodge #11 had met as early as 1867, they apparently had no lodge building of their own until this one was built in 1911. This 147 year old (as of 2014) lodge still meets on the upper floor of the temple.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/6/2014

last visited: never

Image for Wilson Brothers Building - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsWilson Brothers Building - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Completed in 1888, this building, like many on Broadway in Philipsburg, has been essentially completely renovated to return its façade to its 1888 appearance. The interior retains much of its original appointments and decorative touches.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/7/2014

last visited: never

Image for Dry Channel Dam - Thompson Falls Hydroelectric Dam Historic District - Thompson Falls, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsDry Channel Dam - Thompson Falls Hydroelectric Dam Historic District - Thompson Falls, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Dry Channel Dam is the second, smaller, dam in the Thompson Falls Hydroelectric Project. Its construction was begun in 1913, about ¼ mile upstream from the powerhouse.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 7/18/2014

last visited: never

Image for St. Andrew's Episcopal Church - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsSt. Andrew's Episcopal Church - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

A simple wood frame church, this was one of the first churches completed and open for services in Philipsburg. Small and unassuming, this church has continued in use as an Episcopal church until today, 125 years and counting.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/7/2014

last visited: never

Image for McDonald Opera House - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsMcDonald Opera House - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This is a vintage theatre that has hosted both live stage performances and movies. Opened in 1891, it is today the oldest operating theatre in the state of Montana.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/6/2014

last visited: never

Image for Woman's Club Art Building - U of M - Missoula, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsWoman's Club Art Building - U of M - Missoula, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

There were five buildings built on the U of M campus in the years 1935 to 1939. Two of the five were built in the Art Deco Style while the other two followed the Renaissance Revival style extant. This is one of the two art deco buildings.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/8/2014

last visited: never

Image for Anaconda Saddle Club Storage Shed West - Anaconda, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsAnaconda Saddle Club Storage Shed West - Anaconda, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

The Anaconda Saddle Club, founded in 1944, is a rebirth of the racetrack originally begun by Marcus Daly in 1888. Originally built with a racetrack, it was later redone into a rodeo arena with lighting, grandstands and stock chutes.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/5/2014

last visited: never

Image for Walker Commercial Company - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsWalker Commercial Company - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

For most of its life this building has been a hardware store, though under three different ownerships. Recently it has experienced a rather abrupt change, becoming a candy store. And a great candy store it is!

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/7/2014

last visited: never

Image for Doe's Drug Store - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsDoe's Drug Store - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

This elegantly embellished building, shows a dual personality because it was initially divided into a hotel, to the left, and a drug store, to the right. Built in 1887 this was also, strangely, Philipsburg's first gas station.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/7/2014

last visited: never

Image for St. Paul's Methodist Episcopal Church - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsSt. Paul's Methodist Episcopal Church - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Laid in 1887, St. Paul’s Methodist Episcopal's cornerstone was about the first to be laid in Philipsburg, though it wasn't the first church to hold services. Now, as a United Presbyterian church, the building continues in use, 127 years later.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/7/2014

last visited: 2/27/2010

Image for C.T. Huffman Grocery - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsC.T. Huffman Grocery - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Apparently not built by C.T. Huffman, he moved into half of the building three years after its completion, in 1890. With brother A.S. they expanded into the other half. The grocery store remained in business until...

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/6/2014

last visited: never

Image for Morse Hall - Philipsburg, MTview gallery
Log it!

NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing BuildingsMorse Hall - Philipsburg, MT

in NRHP Historic Districts - Contributing Buildings

Built by a Colonel, this 127 year old building has had a seriously eclectic collection of personas, including: lecture hall, court house, opera house, town hall, library, community center, dance hall and basketball court.

posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member T0SHEA

location: Montana

date approved: 5/7/2014

last visited: never

Total Records: 339 Page: 1 of 14 prev<<<[12345678910]>>>next
Premium Member Downloads: download.GPX Lite File       download.LOC File       download .KML File (Google Earth)