By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

History of Villa Regia - 209 to 1876 - Andernach, RP, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member kaschper69
N 50° 26.428 E 007° 23.944
32U E 386320 N 5588830
Quick Description: History of Villa Regia in Andernach from the year 209 to 1876.
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Date Posted: 6/8/2017 7:11:55 AM
Waymark Code: WMVXPB
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member MountainWoods
Views: 2

Long Description:
[DE] Historie der Villa Regia

209 - 464 - Römische Principia

464 - 630 - Königspfalz der Merowinger

588 - "De Navigio Suo" - Gedicht von Venantius Fortunatus

bis 1802 - Probstei der Malmedyer Benediktiner-Abtei

27.7.1818 - Übernachtung Zar Alexander

September 1840 - Übernachtung Viktor Hugo

Mitte des 19. Jhd. - Hotel "Zum russischen Kaiser" und Hotel "Zur Lilie"

seit 1876 - Stammhaus der Firma Weissheimer

Quelle: Informationstafel

"Auf dem Gelände der Villa Regia haben die Römer im 1. Jahrhundert ein Kastell errichtet.
Ab dem 7. Jahnhundert erfreuten sich hier die Merowinger Könige ihres Sommersitzes mit Blick auf den Rhein.

Die Benediktiner Abtei von Malmedy-Stablo errichtete auf dem Gelände im 12. Jahrhundert einen Verwaltungssitz sowie eine Kapelle für ihre Güter am Mittelrhein (Probstei).

Diese Gebäude wurden im Jahr 1731 erneuert und sind heute, mit Ausnahme des Turmes der Kapelle, noch in ihrem spätbarocken Stil erhalten.
Nach der Säkularisierung unter Napoleon nutzte Hubert Armbruster die Gebäude als Posthalterei unter Turn und Taxis.

Im Jahr 1864 gründete Friedrich Weissheimer in der Nachbarschaft ein Mälzereiunternehmen und erwarb dieses Gelände 1877 für einen zweiten Betrieb sowie die Verwaltung, um die Nachfrage nach Malz der 26 Brauereien im benachbarten Niedermendig zu bedienen, welche die riesigen Vulkankeller zu Herstellung des kaltvergorenen Pilsener Biertyps nutzten. Die Räume der Praxis wurden im Jahr 1932 als „Mälzerheim“ und als analytische Labore errichtet.

Die Friedrich Weissheimer Malzfabrik entwickelte sich nach dem zweiten Weltkrieg zum führenden deutschen Mälzerei-Unternehmen und nach der Wiedervereinigung mit sechs Betrieben zu einem der größten Malzproduzenten Europas. Die Produktionsgebäude wurden im Jahr 2005 durch einen neuen Betrieb im Hafen von Koblenz ersetzt.

Im Vorfeld der Finanzkrise musste jedoch Insolvenz angemeldet werden und die Betriebe wurden an ausländische Wettbewerber veräußert.

Die Verwaltungs- und Laborräume wurden von 2014 – 2015 in den Wohnpark Villa Regia mit 12 Wohnungen umgebaut und das Mälzerheim zu einer kieferchirurgischen Praxis hergerichtet."

Quelle:http://www.mkg-andernach.de/praxis/historie-der-villa-regia/


[EN] History of Villa Regia

209 - 464 - Roman Principia

464 - 630 - The royal fold of the Merovingians

588 - "De Navigio Suo" - poem by Venantius Fortunatus

Until 1802 - Probstei of the Benedictine Abbey

27.7.1818 - Accommodation Tsar Alexander

September 1840 - Accommodation Viktor Hugo

In the middle of the 19th century - Hotel "Zum russische Kaiser" and "Zur Lilie"

Since 1876 - the headquarters of Weissheimer

Source: Information panel

"On the site of the Villa Regia the Romans built a castle in the 1st century.
From the 7th century the Merovingian kings enjoyed their summer residence with a view of the Rhine.

The Benedictine Abbey of Malmedy-Stablo built an administrative center and a chapel for their estates on the Middle Rhine (Probstei) on the site in the 12th century.

These buildings were renovated in 1731 and are still preserved in their late baroque style, with the exception of the tower of the chapel.
After the secularization under Napoleon, Hubert Armbruster used the buildings as a postal stationery under turn and taxis.

In 1864, Friedrich Weissheimer established a malt house in the neighborhood and purchased this site in 1877 for a second farm as well as the administration to meet the demand for malt of the 26 breweries in neighboring Niedermendig using the huge volcanoes to produce the cold-fermented Pilsener beer. The rooms of the practice were built in 1932 as "Mälzerheim" and as analytical laboratories.

Following the Second World War, the Friedrich Weissheimer malt factory developed into one of the largest malting companies in Europe after the reunification with six factories. The production buildings were replaced in 2005 by a new plant in the port of Koblenz.

In the run-up to the financial crisis, however, insolvency had to be declared and the companies were sold to foreign competitors.

The management and laboratory rooms were converted from 2014 to 2015 into the Villa Regia residential park with 12 apartments and the Mälzerheim was adapted to an orthodontic practice."

Source: (visit link)
Admission fee? (Include URL/link in Long Description to website that gives the current fee): no

Visit Instructions:

At least one good photo you have personally obtained and a brief story of your visit. Any additions or corrections to the information about the Waymark (for instance, have the hours open to the public changed) will be greatly appreciated.

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Timelines
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
CADS11 visited History of Villa Regia - 209 to 1876 - Andernach, RP, Germany 9/28/2017 CADS11 visited it
kaschper69 visited History of Villa Regia - 209 to 1876 - Andernach, RP, Germany 6/8/2017 kaschper69 visited it

View all visits/logs