By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Allerheiligenkirche Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member kaschper69
N 50° 58.675 E 011° 01.598
32U E 642269 N 5649324
Quick Description: Allerheiligenkirche in Erfurt.
Location: Thüringen, Germany
Date Posted: 4/7/2017 4:47:06 AM
Waymark Code: WMVE3G
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member Dorcadion Team
Views: 6

Long Description:
[DE] "Die Allerheiligenkirche ist eine kleine römisch-katholische Kirche aus dem 12./14. Jahrhundert. Die gotische Hallenkirche steht an der Gabelung der Allerheiligen- und Marktstraße im Zentrum von Erfurt. Sie besitzt einen unregelmäßigen Grundriss und den mit 53 Metern höchsten Kirchenturm der Erfurter Altstadt. Seit 2007 besitzt sie als erste römisch-katholische Kirche in Mitteldeutschland ein Kolumbarium.
1117 wurde die Allerheiligenkirche von dem Presbyter Erkenbert und dem erzbischöflichen Vitztum Adalbert als Augustinerchorherrenstift mit Kloster und Hospital gegründet. 1125 bestätigte der Mainzer Erzbischof Adalbert I. von Saarbrücken erstmals schriftlich durch eine Urkunde die Stiftung. Im gleichen Jahr wurde vermutlich auch die Kirche eingeweiht. 1222 wütete ein Brand in der Altstadt, dem die Kirche und das Kloster größtenteils zum Opfer fielen. Das zugehörige Hospital wurde 1234 das letzte Mal erwähnt und wohl bald darauf an die Reglerkirche verlegt oder aufgehoben. An der Stelle des Hospitals stand später das Haus zur Engelsburg, das ab dem 15. Jahrhundert in den Besitz von Universitätsprofessoren gelangte. Der beim Stadtbrand zerstörte Kirchenbau besaß wahrscheinlich lediglich ein Kirchenschiff in rechteckiger Form sowie einen nach Süden herausgerückten Westturm.
Während des bis ins 14. Jahrhundert andauernden Wiederaufbaus der Allerheiligenkirche im gotischen Stil passte man den Grundriss der Straßenführung an. So verlaufen die Wände des Langhauses bis heute nicht parallel, sondern beginnen schmal am Westturm und verbreitern sich nach Osten. Außerdem wurde das Kirchenschiff in zwei Teile getrennt und erhielt ein Dachwerk mit zwei hölzernen Spitztonnen. Diese Konstruktion ist bis heute erhalten, wird aber von einer im 19. Jahrhundert eingezogenen Flachdecke verborgen. Der quadratische Westturm mit seinem spitzen Helm erlitt häufig Beschädigungen durch Blitzeinschläge. So musste der Turm mit seiner Spitze 1487, 1628 sowie 1870 erneuert werden. Während der Reformation stellte man den Gottesdienst 1525 ein, führte ihn aber schon wieder ein Jahr später 1526 fort. 1724 errichtete Johann Georg Schröter in der Kirche die erste Orgel, die später durch ein 1806 gefertigtes Modell ersetzt wurde.
Zwischen 1896 und 1898 führte man umfangreiche Umbauarbeiten an der Allerheiligenkirche durch und baute dabei im Osten des Nordschiffes einen polygonalen Chor mit einer Sakristei an und entfernte einen Sakristeieinbau im Südschiff. Des Weiteren wurde die Westempore mit der Orgel erneuert und der ehemalige dreiteilige Barockaltar an die Ostwand des Südschiffes versetzt. Zuletzt mauerte man das Nordportal zu und öffnete dafür das Südportal. 1915 und 1919 wurde das Kircheninnere unter Leitung von Prof. Hanftmann neu ausgemalt.
1936 ging die Gemeinde der Allerheiligenkirche in der Dompfarrerei auf und dient seither als Nebenkirche des Doms."

Quelle: (visit link)

[EN] "The church of All Saints is a small Roman Catholic church from the 12th / 14th century.The Gothic Hall Church is located at the fork of the Allerheiligen and Marktstraße in the center of Erfurt, with an irregular ground plan and the Erfurter church tower of 53 meters Since 2007, it is the first Roman Catholic church in Central Germany to have a columbarium.
In 1117, the All Saints 'Church was founded by the presbyter Erkenbert and the archbishops' Vitztum Adalbert as an Augustinian monastery and hospital. In 1125 Archbishop Adalbert I of Saarbrücken, for the first time, confirmed the foundation in writing by means of a document. In the same year the church was presumably also inaugurated. In 1222, a fire broke out in the old town, where the church and monastery were largely destroyed. The hospital in question was last mentioned in 1234 and soon afterwards moved to the controller church or abolished. At the place of the hospital was later the house to the Engelsburg, which became from the 15th century into the possession of university professors. The church building, which was destroyed in the city fire, probably had only a nave in rectangular form, and a west tower, which had been moved southwards.
During the 14th century reconstruction of the All Saints' Church in Gothic style, the floor plan was adapted. Thus the walls of the nave are not parallel to today, but begin narrowly at the west tower and widen to the east. In addition, the church ship was separated into two parts and received a roof with two wooden pointed shades. This construction has been preserved to this day, but is concealed by a flat-roof laid in the 19th century. The square west tower with its pointed helmet often suffered damage from lightning strikes. Thus, the tower had to be renewed with its peak in 1487, 1628 and 1870. During the Reformation the service was introduced in 1525, but it was continued a year later in 1526. In 1724 Johann Georg Schröter built the first organ in the church, which was later replaced by a 1806 model.
Between 1896 and 1898 extensive reconstruction work was carried out at the church of All Saints, building a polygonal choir with a sacristy in the east of the North Sea, and removing a sacristy in the southern nave. In addition, the Westempore was renewed with the organ and the former three-part baroque altar was transferred to the east wall of the southern ship. At last the north portal was closed and the southern portal was opened. In 1915 and 1919, the interior of the church was redesigned under the direction of Prof. Hanftmann.
In 1936, the church of the All Saints' Church opened in the cathedral, and has since served as a secondary church of the cathedral. "

Source: (visit link)
Date the Church was built, dedicated or cornerstone laid: 1/1/1300

Age of Church building determined by?: Other reliable source

If denomination of Church is not part of the name, please provide it here: Catholic

Street address of Church:
Allerheiligenstraße
Erfurt,


Primary website for Church or Historic Church Building: [Web Link]

If Church is open to the public, please indicate hours: Not listed

If Church holds a weekly worship service and "all are welcome", please give the day of the week: Not listed

Indicate the time that the primary worship service is held. List only one: Not Listed

Secondary Website for Church or Historic Church Building: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
1) A photo of the church is required for visits to a waymark.

2) Please share some comments about your visit.

3) Additional photos are encouraged. If you can have information in addition to that already provided about this church, please share it with us.

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest This Old Church
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
Windschattenwanderer visited Allerheiligenkirche  Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany 6/19/2019 Windschattenwanderer visited it
*Team Krombaer* visited Allerheiligenkirche  Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany 4/27/2017 *Team Krombaer* visited it
kaschper69 visited Allerheiligenkirche  Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany 4/7/2017 kaschper69 visited it
prussel visited Allerheiligenkirche  Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany 5/20/2016 prussel visited it

View all visits/logs