By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies as provided in our policy.

Bell tower St. Lambertus church - Morshausen, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member kaschper69
N 50° 11.429 E 007° 26.373
32U E 388612 N 5560975
Quick Description: [DE] Glockenturm der St.Lambertus Kirche in Morshausen. [EN] Bell tower of the church in St.Lambertus Morshausen.
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
Date Posted: 9/5/2016 1:36:31 AM
Waymark Code: WMT0R4
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member MountainWoods
Views: 1

Long Description:
[DE] Bereits im 13. Jahrhundert muss in Morshausen eine „capella“ gestanden haben. Das erste Visitationsprotokoll von 1569 nennt auch den Patron der Kapelle, nämlich den heiligen Lambertus.

1739 wurde die heutige Kirche als gewölbter Sallbau von Maurermeister Johann Neurohr aus Boppard erstellt. Bereits am 3. Mai 1740 konnte die neue Kirche feierlich konsekriert werden. In den nachfolgenden Jahren bekam die Kirche das neue prachtvolle Kirchengestühl, das von dem Morshausener Schreinermeister und Holzschnitzer Simon Jakob Caster im „Zopfstil“ angefertigt und kunstvoll verziert wurde. 1947 soll in der neuen Kirche die erste Firmung stattgefunden haben.

Der Turm der Filialkapelle bliebt zunächst stehen, wurde aber 1848 abgerissen und an gleicher Stelle wieder errichtet. 1854 wurde die Kirche innen restauriert und erhielt farbige Fenster. 1889 restaurierten Maler aus Trier die Kirche. 1899 wurde mit Spenden der Bürger ein Pedalharmonium angeschafft.

Anfang des 20sten Jahrhunderts befanden sich drei Glocken im Turm. 1917 mussten kriegsbedingt die beiden kleineren Glocken von 1844 und 1846 abgeliefert werden, die größere von 1430 verblieb in der Kirche.

Erst 1926 erklang wieder ein dreistimmiges Geläut in Morshausen. Der Glockengießer Mabilon aus Saarburg lieferte die drei neuen Glocken für 1400 Mark, wobei er die alte Glocke für 450 Mark in Zahlung nahm. Am 9.5.1926 fand die feierliche Einweihung statt. Die größte Glocke ist der hl. Dreifaltigkeit, die zweitgröße dem heiligsten Herzen Jesu und die dritte Glocke der allerseligsten Jungfrau Maria geweiht.

Im zweiten Weltkrieg mussten diese Glocken nicht abgegeben werden, da sie aus Rotguss bestehen, es gab aber große Beschädigungen an der Kirche bei den letzten Kampfhandlungen. 1949 konnten die völlig zerstörten Kirchenfenster ersetzt werden. Den Kirchturm, der im März 1945 durch Artilleriebeschuß sehr beschädigt wurde, setzten Dachdecker erst 1950 wieder instand.

[EN] Already in the 13th century must have been in Morshausen a "capella". The first visitation protocol of 1569 also called the saint of the chapel, namely the Saint Lambert.
 
1739 the present church was created as a curved Sallbau of master mason Johann new pipe from Boppard. Already on May 3, 1740 a new church was consecrated solemnly. In the following years the church got the new magnificent church pews, which was created by the Morshausener cabinetmaker and woodcarver Simon Jacob Caster in "Zopfstil" and elaborately decorated. 1947 should have been the first confirmation in the new church.
 
The tower of the Branch Chapel RECOURSE are initially, but was demolished in 1848 and built at the same place again. 1854 the church was restored inside and got colored windows. 1889 restored painter from Trier church. 1899 was purchased with donations from the citizens a pedal harmonium.
 
Beginning of the 20th century, three bells were in the tower. had in 1917 due to the war the two smaller bells from 1844 and 1846 are delivered, the larger of 1430 remained in the church.
 
Only in 1926 rang again a three-part bells in Morshausen. The Glockengießer Mabilon from Saarburg gave the three new bells for 1400 Mark, where he took the old bell for 450 marks in payment. On 09.05.1926 the solemn inauguration took place. The largest bell is the hl. consecrated Trinity, the second size to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the third bell of the Virgin Mary.
 
During World War II, these bells had not be issued, since they are made of bronze, but there was great damage to the church in recent fighting. 1949 that the completely ruined church windows are replaced. The church tower, which was badly damaged by artillery fire in March 1945, continued until 1950 Roofing repaired.

Source: (visit link)
Address of Tower:
Kirchstraße
Morshausen,


Still Operational: yes

Number of bells in tower?: 3

Relevant website?: [Web Link]

Rate tower:

Tours or visits allowed in tower?: Unknown

Visit Instructions:
Please post an original picture of the tower taken while you were there. Please also record how you came to be at this tower and any other interesting information you learned about it while there.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Bell Towers
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
kaschper69 visited Bell tower St. Lambertus church - Morshausen, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany 9/5/2016 kaschper69 visited it