Old Georgetown Cemetery - Georgetown, TX, USA
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member WalksfarTX
N 30° 38.501 W 097° 40.927
14R E 626286 N 3390633
Quick Description: This site on the south bank of the South San Gabriel River, a portion of the land donated by George W. Glasscock in 1848 for the county seat of Williamson County, was used as a burial plot from 1840 to 1902.
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 6/5/2015 11:00:20 AM
Waymark Code: WMP0P1
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member lumbricus
Views: 2

Long Description:
Also called the San Gabriel Cemetery by locals. There are 87 marked graves. There is an unknown number of unmarked graves. The marker with the text used in the "short description" goes on to say: Many pioneer citizens lie buried here – Many names unknown and graves unmarked.
City, Town, or Parish / State / Country: Not listed

Approximate number of graves: Not listed

Cemetery Status: Not listed

Cemetery Website: Not listed

Visit Instructions:


Post a Picture of the Cemetery into this Waymark gallery
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Worldwide Cemeteries
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log  
WalksfarTX visited Old Georgetown Cemetery - Georgetown, TX, USA 4/7/2017 WalksfarTX visited it