Kaysville Presbyterian Church and School - Kaysville, UT
N 41° 02.084 W 111° 56.198
12T E 421268 N 4543035
Quick Description: This marker notes the historic Presbyterian Church, located in the downtown area of Kaysville, Utah.
Location: Utah, United States
Date Posted: 6/12/2012 10:43:22 AM
Waymark Code: WMEM4F
The Presbyterian Church in Kaysville, Utah is located at 94 East Center Street. It was built in 1888
The plaque, above the doorway, from the Utah State Register of Historic Sites, states:
"KAYSVILLE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH AND SCHOOL Gothic-Style Church built of brick in 1888 during the last years of an intense period of missionary activity by the Presbyterians in Utah. Architect was William Allen of Kaysville. Marker placed October 1973 by Alpheus and Ivy Harvey."
An excerpt of the history of Kaysville reports:
"As part of its missionary movement, the Presbyterian Church established a church and school in Kaysville in 1881. The church continued until 1917, although the school closed in 1909. The Presbyterian chapel is still standing, the only example of an early Protestant church remaining in Utah." (visit link