Frank H. Eastmond Park - Lehi, Utah
Posted by: UtahSteve
N 40° 23.784 W 111° 50.721
12T E 428259 N 4472098
Quick Description: Plaque describing contributions of Frank and Clarissa Eastmond to local history.
Location: Utah, United States
Date Posted: 4/25/2012 6:50:31 AM
Waymark Code: WMEA44
Stainless steel plaque mounted to a rock in a green space next to the South Utah Railroad Depot. The plaque features pictures of the Eastmonds as well as the following text:
Frank H. Eastmond Park
Frank Hindley Eastmond (1892-1961)
Clarissa Taylor Eastmond (1895-1961)
With wife Clarissa Taylor of Provo, Frank Hindley Eastmond upgraded and refurbished Saratoga Springs Resort and Farms in the 1930s. Saratoga now featured day-and-night warm-water swimming, regional ballroom dancing and baseball. The competition was keen and crowds from Lehi, American Fork Pleasant Grove and Lindon came along to cheer for their home teams.
Patrons from Salt Lake to Santaquin enjoyed Saratoga's Saturday-night dances under a bright moon casting a silver path across Utah Lake. By day the sun made a picture-perfect image of Mt. Timpanogos on the lake. Saratoga became a popular place for parties, family reunions, company picnics and camping trips.
Frank's efforts at Saratoga profited from his similar developments of Geneva Resort (near Geneva Steel Plant), and Park Ro-Shea (near Springville). He was also deeply involved in successful mining operations, as well as motel, outdoor theaters, and food services on sites from St. George to Salt Lake. He taught wood, metal and electronic shop as Irving Jr. High School in the Salt Lake District for thirty years where countless young me responded to his special way of teaching. As a modern business pioneer,he was on the cutting edge of the technology of his day, inventing a new kind of sand filtration for swimming pools and an innovative chlorination system.
the most important part of his rich and colorful legacy was his and Clarissa's family of five children. The property on which this park and the Utah Southern Railroad Depot were built was once owned by Frank and Clarissa Eastmond. It was donated to Lehi City Corporation by Jefferson and Alberta Eastmond.
Location: Frank H. Eastmond Park
Website with more information on either the memorial or the person(s) it is dedicated to: Not listed
Add another photo of the memorial. You and/or your GPS can be in the photo, but this isn't necessary.