Geisterbühelkapelle Zirl, Tirol, Austria
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member luzzi1971
N 47° 16.355 E 011° 15.481
32T E 670788 N 5237928
Quick Description: Geisterbühelkapelle Zirl, Tirol, Austria
Location: Tirol, Austria
Date Posted: 4/15/2012 1:50:14 AM
Waymark Code: WME7NP
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member Dorcadion Team
Views: 1

Long Description:
[DE]

"Am östlichen Dorfrand, zwischen dem Weingarten und dem Steinbruch, erhebt sich der Geistbühel auf dem die nach ihm benannten Pestkapelle steht.

Der Rundhügel des sogenannten Geistbühels wurde von einem Heimatforscher als ein riesiger Grabhügel gedeutet. Nach ähnlichen Schutt- und Erdkegeln in Oberperfuss und Inzing vermutete man in ihnen Hügelgräber von Fürsten oder Stammeshäuptlingen aus vorrömischer Zeit. Heute ist es völlig sicher, dass der Rundhügel eine Gletschermoräne ist. Auch Sagen ranken sich um diese Erhebung. Die bekannteste davon berichtet, dass sich zur Pestzeit Zirler aus Furcht vor einer Ansteckung in die Nähe dieses Hügels geflüchtet hätten. Eines Abends ist ihnen auf diesem Hügel eine Gestalt erschienen, die ihnen laut zugerufen haben soll: „Iß Kranebitbeer und Bibernell, dann kommt der Tod nicht so schnell“ Das Zirler Volk befolgten diesen Rat, worauf die Pest bald geendet haben soll. Seit dieser Zeit heißt dieser Hügel „Geistbühel“. Zum Dank erbauten die Überlebenden eine Pestkapelle darauf, die im Volksmund heute noch die „Geistbühelkapelle“ genannt wird.

Die Geistbühelkapelle ist in Zirl das einzige noch erhaltene Mahnzeichen aus der Pestzeit. Die im Barockstil erbaute Kapelle ist den Pestheiligen Sebastian, Blasius und Rochus geweiht. Ihr Bau wird um 1650 vermutet.

Am schlimmsten hauste nämlich die Pest in Tirol zur Zeit des „Dreißigjährigen Krieges“. Allein im Jahre1634 soll die Pest in Tirol 16.000 Menschen dahingerafft haben. In Zirl sollen ganze Häuserzeilen ausgestorben sein. Die meisten Pestfriedhöfe und Pestkapellen in Tirol stammen daher aus dieser Zeit. Der Zirler Pestfriedhof soll im Bereich der heutigen Sportplatzsiedlung angelegt gewesen sein. Die Menschen dieser Zeit waren dieser Krankheit hilflos ausgeliefert. Allerorts betrachtete man das Auftreten der Pest als Strafe Gottes. Deshalb gelobten sie Bittprozessionen und die Überlebenden errichteten Pestkreuze und bauten Pestkapellen.

Die Pflege der „Geistbühelkapelle“ oblag bis 1938 dem Junggesellenbund. Nach der Auflösung dieses Bundes in der NS-Zeit wurde die Kapelle von der Pfarre und später von Komm.-Rat Karl Reinhart betreut. Heuer betreut die Schützenkompanie erstmals offiziell die Kapelle.

Leider ist außer dem barocken Hauptaltar mit dem Bild der Pestheiligen, Sebastian, Blasius und Rochus und den zwei Flankenbildern, die die Soldatenheiligen St. Martin und Florian darstellen, an Kostbarem in der Kapelle nichts mehr vorhanden. Früher war auf der rechten Seite ein Seitenaltar mit dem Bildnis der schmerzhaften Muttergottes, eine Stiftung des Michael Pämbgartner und wurde 1733 von seinem Nachkommen Daniel renoviert. Weiters waren früher zwei Büsten, die den hl. Blasius und den hl. Kassian darstellten, vorhanden. Auch die beiden Ölbilder, eines zeigt den dornigen Weg in den Himmel, das zweite, aus dem Jahre 1694, zeigt eine Szene aus dem 30jährigen Krieg, wurden entfernt. Auch das Votivbild aus dem Jahr 1693, das in einem Rondell oberhalb des Kapelleneinganges angebracht war, ist nicht mehr vorhanden. Vielleicht wäre es möglich, das eine oder anderen sakrale Kleinod an die ursprüngliche Stätte wieder zurück zu bringen." - Quelle: (visit link)


[EN]

"At the eastern edge of the village, between the vineyard and the quarry, the Geistbühel rises on the plague chapel is named after him.

The round mound of so-called Geistbühels was interpreted by a local historian as a huge grave mound. For similar debris and Erdkegeln Oberperfuss Inzing and was believed in them mounds of princes or tribal chiefs from pre-Roman times. Today it is quite certain that the Round Hill is a glacial moraine. Even legends have grown up around this collection. The best-known reports that had taken refuge during the plague Zirler for fear of contagion in the vicinity of this hill. One of them is the evening on the hill appeared a figure that will have them shouted out: "Eat EBIT crane berry and burnet, then death comes not so fast," The people Zirler followed this advice, what the plague is said to have soon ended. Since that time the name of this hill, "Geistbühel". Thanks for the survivors of a plague chapel built thereon, which is popularly still known as the "Geistbühelkapelle".

The Geistbühelkapelle Zirl is the only remaining memento of the plague. The baroque-style chapel is the plague saints Sebastian and Rochus Blasius ordained. Its construction is assumed in 1650.

The worst plague in Tyrol that is lived at the time of the "Thirty Years' War." Alone in Jahre1634 to the plague in Tyrol have killed 16,000 people. Zirl to whole rows of houses to be extinct. Most Pestfriedhöfe Pestkapellen in Tyrol and therefore come from this period. The Zirler plague cemetery to have been created in the area of ??today's sports court settlement. The people of that time were at the mercy of this disease helpless. Everywhere you looked at the occurrence of plague as a punishment from God. So they vowed processions and the survivors built and built Pestkreuze Pestkapellen.

The care of the "Geistbühelkapelle" was responsible for the bachelors to 1938 federal government. After the dissolution of the federal government to the Nazi era, the chapel was served by the Parish Council, and later by Charles Reinhart Comm. This year, in charge of the rifle company for the first time officially the chapel.

Unfortunately, apart from the Baroque high altar with the image of the plague saints Sebastian, Roch and St. Blaise and the two flanking images representing the soldier saint St. Martin and Florian, to precious things in the chapel nothing left. Previously, on the right side, a side altar with the image of Our Lady of Sorrows, a foundation of Michael Pämbgartner and was renovated in 1733 by his descendants Daniel. Furthermore, two busts were formerly, the St.. And St. Blaise. Kassian constituted, exists. The two oil paintings, one showing the thorny way to heaven, were the second, from 1694, shows a scene from the 30 Years War, removed. Even the votive picture of the year 1693, which was placed in a round tower above the chapel entrance is no longer available. Perhaps it would be possible that one or another sacred treasure back to the original site to bring back "- Source:. (visit link)
Type of Church: Chapel

Status of Building: Actively in use for worship

Diocese: Innsbruck

Address/Location:
Weinbergweg
Zirl, Tirol Austria
6170


Date of organization: Not listed

Date of building construction: Not listed

Dominant Architectural Style: Not listed

Associated Shrines, Art, etc.: Not listed

Archdiocese: Not listed

Relvant Web Site: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
To log a visit to this waymark, you must post at least one original photo of the site, give the date and a brief description of your visit.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Roman Catholic Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
luzzi1971 visited Geisterbühelkapelle Zirl, Tirol, Austria 4/15/2012 luzzi1971 visited it