Jesuitenkirche Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria
Posted by: Groundspeak Premium Member luzzi1971
N 47┬░ 16.125 E 011┬░ 23.884
32T E 681394 N 5237818
Quick Description: Jesuitenkirche Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria
Location: Tirol, Austria
Date Posted: 3/12/2012 6:27:35 AM
Waymark Code: WMDZ4K
Published By: Groundspeak Premium Member silverquill
Views: 4

Long Description:
[DE]

Die römisch-katholische Jesuitenkirche in Innsbruck ist eine Dreifaltigkeitskirche nahe der Alten Universität, östlich der Altstadt.

Sie wurde anstelle von Vorgängerbauten 1627-1646 von Karl Fontaner und Christoph Gumpp der Jüngere erbaut. Die Fassadentürme von Friedrich Schachner wurden 1901 von Johann von Sieberer gestiftet. Die Kirche gilt als Frühwerk des Barock in Innsbruck. Vorbilder für die Kreuzkuppelkirche waren Il Gesù in Rom und der Neubau des Doms in Salzburg. Typisch ist die strenge Gliederung der Vorderfront.

Das Geläut besteht lediglich aus zwei Glocken, jedoch ist die große Glocke mit 9200 Kilogramm und mit einem Durchmesser von 248 Zentimeter die viertgrößte Glocke Österreichs (vgl. Pummerin). Sie ist die sogenannte Schützenglocke und wurde im Jahre 1959 von der Glockengießerei Grassmayr (Innsbruck) gegossen. Anlässlich des 150. Jahrestag des Tiroler Freiheitskampfes wurde sie von den Tiroler Schützenkompanien gestiftet und am 19. Juli eingeweiht. Seitdem hängt sie im Nordturm der Kirche und erklingt jeden Freitag um 15 Uhr zur Sterbestunde Jesu (s. Läuteordnung) und zu den höchsten kirchlichen Feiertagen. Zum Angelus und zu den übrigen Werk- und Sonntagsmessen erklingt die kleine Glocke (1597 von H. C. Löffler, 1 300 kg, 130 cm) aus dem Südturm.
Eine weitere Besonderheit stellt die Disposition dar (Große Glocke: e° - Kleine Glocke: dis’), da die beiden Glocken im Verhältnis einer großen Septime zueinander stehen, was sehr selten anzutreffen ist. Beide Glocken erklingen nicht zusammen.

Die Orgel der Jesuitenkirche wurde 1959 von der Orgelbaufirma Walcker erbaut. Die Disposition stammt von Anton Heiller. Die Orgel besitzt 34 Register auf drei Manualen und Pedal. 2004 wurde eine Generalsanierung durchgeführt, bei der die Trompete 4' des Pedals in 8' geändert wurde. 2007-2010 fanden weitere Änderungen statt, z.B. die Versetzung des Krummhorns vom Rückpositiv ins Brustwerk und eine Reduzierung der Chöre in der Hauptwerksmixtur. Weiters wurde im Rückpositiv eine Schalmey 8' sowie im Hauptwerk ein Cornet eingebaut.

Elf Mitglieder des Fürstenhauses sind in der Krypta beigesetzt, darunter der Auftraggeber der Kirche, Erzherzog Leopold V. (Österreich-Tirol), seine Gattin Claudia de Medici und seine Söhne Ferdinand Karl (Österreich-Tirol) und Sigismund Franz (Österreich-Tirol). Auch der Theologe Karl Rahner ist in der Krypta der Kirche beigesetzt.


[EN]

The Roman Catholic Jesuit church in Innsbruck is a Trinity church near the old university, east of the town.

It was, instead of previous buildings built between 1627-1646 and Christoph Karl Fontaner Gumpp the Younger. The front towers of Friedrich Schachner in 1901 donated by John of Sieberer. The church is an early work of the Baroque in Innsbruck. Models for the cross-domed church was Gesù in Rome and the new building of the cathedral in Salzburg. Typical is the strict division of the front.

The peal consists of only two bells, however, is the great bell 9,200 kilograms with a diameter of 248 centimeters, the fourth largest bell in Austria (cf. Pummerin). It is the so-called Protect and bell was cast in 1959 by the bell foundry Grassmayr (Innsbruck). On the occasion of the 150th Anniversary of the Tyrolean struggle for freedom, it was donated by the Tyrolean rifle companies and 19 Inaugurated in July. Since then it hangs in the north tower of the church and heard every Friday by 15 clock to the hour of death of Jesus (see Läuteordnung) and highest in the religious holidays. The Angelus and the rest of the work and Sunday Masses heard the little bell (1597 cm HC Loeffler, 1 300 kg, 130) from the south tower.
Another special feature is the disposition (Grand Bell: E ° - Small bell: dis'), since the two bells are in the ratio of a major seventh to one another, which is found very rarely. Both bells ring out together does not.

The organ of the Jesuit Church was built in 1959 by the organ builder Walcker. The disposition is of Anton Heiller. The organ has 34 stops on three manuals and pedal. 2004 a complete renovation was carried out, was in the Trumpet 4 'of the pedal in 8' changed. 2007-2010 there were more changes, e.g. the dislocation of curved horn from the back into positive breast works and a reduction of the choirs in the Hauptwerksmixtur. Furthermore, the return was positive ones Schalmey 8 'and installed in the main work is a cornet.

Eleven members of the royal house are buried in the crypt, including the authority of the Church, Archduke Leopold V (Austria-Tyrol), his wife Claudia de Medici and his sons Ferdinand Karl (Austria-Tyrol) and Sigismund Franz (Austria-Tyrol). The theologian Karl Rahner is in the crypt of the church buried.
Type of Church: Church

Status of Building: Actively in use for worship

Diocese: Innsbruck

Address/Location:
Universit├Ątsstrasse
Innsbruck, Tirol Austria
6020


Date of organization: Not listed

Date of building construction: Not listed

Dominant Architectural Style: Not listed

Associated Shrines, Art, etc.: Not listed

Archdiocese: Not listed

Relvant Web Site: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
To log a visit to this waymark, you must post at least one original photo of the site, give the date and a brief description of your visit.
Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Roman Catholic Churches
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
Castor007 visited Jesuitenkirche Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria 9/20/2012 Castor007 visited it
luzzi1971 visited Jesuitenkirche Innsbruck, Tirol, Austria 3/12/2012 luzzi1971 visited it

View all visits/logs