Trophy Club, TX - Population 8024
N 32° 59.897 W 097° 12.448
14S E 667465 N 3652523
Quick Description: Trophy Club, TX, population 8024 as of this posting. The sign is located near the northeast corner of Trophy Lake Dr, just north of TX 114. The Trophy Club Plaza is down the hill from this sign.
Location: Texas, United States
Date Posted: 1/16/2012 6:37:21 AM
Waymark Code: WMDH6E
According to the town website at (visit link
- Trophy Club is the first master planned community in Texas
- The Town is a true residential community covering 2,385 acres, of which only 15 are zoned for commercial use
- The Town originally envisioned as a retirement community, has a very cosmopolitan make up.
- Population growth has come mainly from families
The roots of Trophy Club run deep in the history of this area of North Texas, back to the days in 1847 when Charles and Matilda Medlin along with 20 other families from Missouri settled along Denton Creek. Floods drove them to higher ground, to the area around present day Trophy Club.
Much of the early history of the town, is reflected in inscriptions on the tombstones in Medlin Cemetery which was designated a Texas historical landmark in 1977. As legend has it, the area was chosen as a cemetery site when Mittie Ann Medlin died April 15, 1850 at the age of 21. She had told her parents she wanted to be buried on this hill because of the beautiful views.
Trophy Club began in 1973 when Houston developers Johnson and Loggins approached the Council of Westlake on the possibility of constructing a housing development around a posh country club. The town name came from the original plan that the Country Club would house the trophy collection of golfing legend Ben Hogan. The Hogan course at Trophy Club Country Club is the only golf course ever designed by Mr. Hogan.
In 1983, Gibraltar sold the development to Independent America Group of Dallas who added nine holes to the golf course called the Eagle. As with the early pioneers, the residents needed a voice in planning the future of the town, and Trophy Club was incorporated on January 19,1985.
In 1994 Jeff Beck purchased the remaining 1200 acres of undeveloped land in the community and a new era of growth and development was born. Trophy Club has long been a development with foresight, the foresight of the growth corridor of Northeast Tarrant County and Southern Denton County. We now sit at the gateway of the State Highway 114 corridor between the D/FW International Airport and the Solana/Alliance Industrial Complex poised to continue to grow beautifully in the new Millennium.