Dedicated to Dr. Stafford North - Okla. Christian Univ. - Edmond, OK
Posted by: hamquilter
N 35° 36.707 W 097° 28.082
14S E 638751 N 3941971
Quick Description: Donated pavers on the campus of Oklahoma Christian University funded the construction of a kiosk honoring a long-time teacher and administrator of the University.
Location: Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 12/5/2011 5:19:48 PM
Waymark Code: WMD8P1
Near the center of the campus, east of the Mabee Learning Center, a kiosk stands in honor of Dr. Stafford North. Dr. North served in several administrative roles since he began in 1952. In 1994, he left his administrative position and returned to full-time teaching in the College of Bible. Dr. North is a member of the Oklahoma Higher Education Hall of Fame.
The kiosk is four-sided and has panels advertising the University, and a large Campus Map. Surrounding the kiosk are donated pavers which funded its construction. The kiosk was dedicated by the OCU student body in 1994. A red brick stone at the base on one side reads:
TO: STAFFORD NORTH
FROM: THE STUDENT BODY
FOR 42 YEARS OF SERVICE
LEADERS ARE LIKE EAGLES
THEY DON'T FLOCK
YOU FIND THEM
ONE AT A TIME
A second block reads: Student Senate 94-95 "Think pride and pass it on" and lists the names of the Student officers.