Aqueduto de Torres Vedras-Portugal
Posted by: Groundspeak Regular Member h_raky
N 39° 05.605 W 009° 15.042
29S E 478320 N 4327173
Quick Description: Aqueduto gótico com uma extensão de dois quilómetros. É formado por duas ordens de arcos, correndo a água em canais subterrâneos e à superfície. Tinha como objectivo abastecer a vila.
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Date Posted: 9/30/2011 9:30:50 AM
Waymark Code: WMCPN4
Published By: Groundspeak Regular Member Dáin & Olík
Views: 7

Long Description:
De arquitectura gótica, Tem mais de 2 Km de extensão, metade oculta na terra, sendo a outra metade sobre arcos, uns dobrados, e outros singelos.

De todo o conjunto existem dois arcos que se destacam pela sua altura e construção: o que corta a estrada de Runa e o que atravessa o rio Sizandro, não podendo hoje calcular-se exactamente a profundidade deste, por o terreno adjacente ter subido muito.

É obra antiga, como prova um pergaminho existente na Torre do Tombo, pertencente à igreja de S. Pedro, com a data de 28 de Abril de 1561 onde se fala da existencia do aqueduto como sendo já obra antiga.


Ao longo dos tempos deverá ter sofrido grandes reconstruções, tendo sido feita, para uma delas, um caderno de encargos que, como se refere na 2ª edição de Madeira Torres, "existe no cartorio da provedoria um processo (...) onde se acham duas plantas do aqueduto, e a segunda é iluminada, e tem de baixo a seguinte legenda «Luiz Rodrigues Quintella fecit anno domini 1656»".

Em 1613 existia uma provisão para a camara retirar dos cofres das sizas a verba anual de 100$000 reis, destinados à reconstrução do aqueduto. No entanto, em 1682 essa verba foi aumentada para 200$000 reis.

Em 1787 o aqueduto sofreu nova reconstrução, alargando-se o arco que dá passagem para a estrada de Runa, que tinha sido feita pouco tempo antes.
Nesse arco, igual em tamanho ao que transpões o rio Sizandro, e paralelo ao mesmo, foi colocado, do lado dos Cucos, uma pedra de armas com o brazão da vila. Esse brazão deslocou-se e partiu-se , ficando apenas um pedaço da parte superior do ornato, que escapou à queda.

Em 1910, por decreto de 16 de Junho, foi classificado como Monumento Nacional.

Mais recentemente, em 1989, a carga de um camião "TIR" ficou presa no referido arco, facto que provocou o seu desmoronamento. A CMTV efectuou a reparação (desmontagem e reconstrução) do mesmo.

Em 1992 sofreu obras de beneficiação.

Em 2004 encontrava-se aberto no IPPAR um processo de delimitação de Zona Especial de Protecção

-------------------

In Gothic architecture, has more than 2 km long, half hidden beneath the earth, and the other half on arches, some folded, and others simple.

On the whole there are two arches that stand out for their height and construction: the road that cuts through the Rune and Sizandro across the river, now can not calculate exactly the depth of this, for the adjacent land has risen greatly.

It's old work, as evidenced by a scroll exists in Torre do Tombo, belonging to the church of S. Peter, with the date of April 28, 1561 speaking of the existence of the aqueduct as being already the earlier work.


Over the years must have undergone major reconstruction, having been made, for one, a specification which, as noted in the second edition of Wood Towers, "the Clerk of the Ombudsman there is a process where they are (...) two plants of the aqueduct, and the second is illuminated from below and has the caption "Luiz Rodrigues Quintella fecit Anno Domini 1656". "

In 1613 there was a provision for removing the camera from the coffers of the annual budget of sizas 100 $ 000 kings, for the reconstruction of the aqueduct. However, in 1682 this amount was increased to 200 $ 000 kings.

In 1787 the aqueduct suffered new reconstruction, widening the arch that gives way to the road of Runa, who had shortly before been made.
In this arc, equal in size to Sizandro which spans the river, and parallel to it, was placed on the side of the Cuckoo, a coat of arms with the crest of the village. This crest has shifted and broke, leaving only a piece of the top of the ornate, who escaped the fall.

In 1910, by decree of June 16, was classified as a National Monument.


More recently, in 1989, a truck load "TIR" stuck in that arc, a fact which caused his collapse. The CMTV carried out the repair (disassembly and reconstruction) of the same.

In 1992 underwent improvement work.

In 2004 found himself open in the delimitation process IPPAR a Special Protection Zone
Date Built: Not listed

Visit Instructions:
Logging requirements: Please upload your own personal photo of the building. You or your GPS can be in the picture, but it’s not a main requirement.

This category is focused only to original Gothic architecture, not to pseudo-Gothic, neo-Gothic or Gothic Revival. You can not find this kind of architecture outside of "Old World", moreover this architecture appeared in ca XIIth century (early Gothic) and the last buildings are from cca XVIth (late Gothic) century...

Search for...
Geocaching.com Google Map
Google Maps
MapQuest
Bing Maps
Trails.com Maps
Nearest Waymarks
Nearest Gothic Architecture
Nearest Geocaches
Nearest Benchmarks
Nearest Hotels
Create a scavenger hunt using this waymark as the center point
Recent Visits/Logs:
Date Logged Log User Rating  
paulohercules visited Aqueduto de Torres Vedras-Portugal 10/5/2011 paulohercules visited it