This monument is situated in a big area called The High Fens (French: Hautes Fagnes; German: Hohes Venn; Dutch: Hoge Venen)
The monument is erected at a place called Gèyeté at the municipal boundary of Sart and Jalhay. It consists of a block of quartzite supporting a three-bladed propeller.
Nearby, stands a wooden cross bearing the inscription "For the American airmen."
The monument was inaugurated April 20, 1947, almost two years to the day after the tragic accident that claimed the lives of eight American airmen whose two aircraft had collided in the fog, on April 6, 1945.
The encryption of the stone plaque reads: (translated)
"This monument is dedicated to the memory of 8 members of the crew of 3 c-47 that collided in flight"