Palace of Justice, Prague-Smichov, CZ
Posted by: ToRo61
N 50° 04.732 E 014° 24.304
33U E 457432 N 5547569
Quick Description: County and district court
Location: Hlavni mesto Praha, Czech Republic
Date Posted: 3/24/2011 2:37:27 PM
Waymark Code: WMB1VY
Building constructed between 1886 - 1892 as a barracks. The barracks was named after the Archduke Albrecht (1817-1895).
After the establishment of Czechoslovakia in 1918 the building was renamed Štefanik's barracks.
The barracks where the Second World War were based government troops, played the beginning of May 1945 a significant role. From there came an impulse to the Prague uprising, as we know it later in the fight for radio.
Barracks after the Second World War had the name Barrack of Julius Fucik (communist journalist, who was executed by the Nazis).
In the nineties the building forwarded to the Ministry of Justice and serves as the county and district court.
Year Built: 1886 - 1892
Current Use of Building: county and district court.
Level of Courts: County
Dates this building was used to house judicial proceedings: 1992-present
nám. Kinských 5
Architect: Not listed
Hours: Not listed
Related Website: Not listed
At least one original photograph should be added to the gallery. And please describe your impressions and visit to the courthouse.