Posted by: bolyak
N 47° 36.381 E 018° 29.972
34T E 312067 N 5275578
Quick Description: Calvary in Tarján
Location: Komárom-Esztergom, Hungary
Date Posted: 3/16/2011 4:53:26 PM
Waymark Code: WMAZMA
The original calvary was built in 1850, but almost totally destroyed during the second World War. Temporarily renovated in 1985. In 2003-2004 with the organization and work of the Circle of Friends for Tarján Village and with the donations of local families the calvary rebuilt.
The new embossing of the stations made from ceramic by Kata Szabó.
Artist: Kata Szabó ceramist
Materials: stone, concrete, ceramic
Web Site: Not listed
Post an original photo of the stations--no GPS needed.