The Eager-Hirzel Building - Guthrie, OK
Posted by: hamquilter
N 35° 52.624 W 097° 25.595
14S E 642033 N 3971456
Quick Description: Once a bank, forever a treasure.
Location: Oklahoma, United States
Date Posted: 12/5/2010 3:16:59 PM
Waymark Code: WMA91B
The three-story brick building at 124 W. Harrison Avenue, is also known as the Eager-Hirzel Block. It was constructed in 1903 and is in the Romanesque Revival style. It is a Contributing Building to the Guthrie Historic District.
It has a beveled corner entrance as is seen on many bank buildings. The 1907-1908 Guthrie City Directory shows this to be the location of the Guthrie Savings Bank, with A. H. Huston, President; H. Beyer, Vice President; O.A. Beyer, Cashier; and H.B. Adams, Assistant Cachier. The entry step still displays the word "BANK" in tiles.
The building was rehabilitated in the 1980s and currently houses the Pollard Inn. This is a restaurant and event center, and well known bed and breakfast.
124 W. Harrison Avenue
Guthrie, OK 73044
Website: [Web Link]
Current Use of Building: Pollard Inn, event center and bed and breakfast
Please give your impression about the bank and/or it's architecture. Also please post another photo of the building.