G for Pleasant GROVE, Utah
N 40° 22.408 W 111° 42.063
12T E 440485 N 4469445
Quick Description: Pleasant Grove has a large G on the hill in a show of civic pride.
Location: Utah, United States
Date Posted: 10/30/2010 4:31:21 PM
Waymark Code: WMA19Q
Pleasant Grove was settled in September 1850 by Mormon pioneers who were attracted by a small grove of trees, plus the location of water and rich soil. The location was originally called Battlecreek following a skirmish with Indians. In 1855 the town was incorporated and endured several name changes including Monkey Town, Little Denmark, Mud Hole and finally the name was changed to Pleasant Grove.
For information about the history of Pleasant Grove and its historic buildings, visit this website: (visit link