WWI Memorial - Tuckerton, NJ
Posted by: Metro2
N 39° 36.078 W 074° 20.655
18S E 556299 N 4383712
Quick Description: This monument is located in a small roadside strip in Tuckerton, NJ.
Location: New Jersey, United States
Date Posted: 10/10/2010 9:48:39 PM
Waymark Code: WM9XF8
This WWI monument was relocated from Camden to Tuckerton in 1981.
This website (visit link
) indicates that the monument used to be in a park which is now the location of the Camden campus of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. The website also indicates that the artist is Nicola Berardo. The top of the Monument has a statue of an Indian chief.
The pedestal for this Memorial has the following engraving:
"IN MEMORY OF OUR BROTHERS
WHO MADE THE SUPREME SACRIFICE
IN THE WORLD WAR 1917-1919"
Underneath is a plaque with the names of the Improved order's tribes.
At the foot of the pedestal is another engraving:
"IMPROVED ORDER RED MEN
OF CAMDEN COUNTY, N.J."
and lying on the ground at the foot of the monument is another plaque which reads:
"MEMORIAL TO ALL MEMBERS
IMPROVED ORDER OF RED MEN
GREAT COUNCIL OF NEW JERSEY
DEDICATED OCTOBER 13, 1920
REDEDICATED MAY 21, 1981