Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church - Connellsville, Pennsylvania
N 40° 01.004 W 079° 35.272
17T E 620511 N 4430569
Quick Description: The Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church is located at 126 East Fairview Avenue, Connellsville City, Fayette County, Pennsylvania.
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 8/24/2010 4:54:39 PM
Waymark Code: WM9HXV
This congregation was organized on September 16, 1884. At first services were held in various storerooms and halls. They then built a brick church on Apple Street which was decided to buy a site and build a new church. Work began on April 1, 1910 at the new site on the corner of East Fairview and Carnegie Avenue. The new structure was built of hard, white silica stone from a quarry in South Connellsville. The outside walls are 18" thick, and the entire building is trimmed in Indiana Limestone. The cornerstone was laid on Sunday, July 3, 1910, and in it were placed (1) a copy of the church directory, (2) a copy of the church history, (3) The Daily Courier and Connellsville News for the day, (4) a picture of the original brick church, and (5) church papers. The new church was dedicated on Sunday, September 10, 1911.
The Tri-Uni theme, which means trinity is carried out through the church. At the front church entrance, there are three stone arches to speak for the trinity, and above it is engraved Martin Luther's quote "A Mighty Fortress if Our God."
The interior of the Church also carries the trinity theme. The woodwork is mostly dark stained oak, and the floors throughout are hardwood.