Stafford Historical Society Museum - Stafford Springs CT
N 41° 57.172 W 072° 18.289
18T E 723381 N 4648057
Quick Description: This Stafford Historical Society Museum is at the corner of Spring St and Highland Terrance in Stafford Springs, Connecticut
Location: Connecticut, United States
Date Posted: 5/6/2010 7:56:06 AM
Waymark Code: WM8R8K
The Stafford Historical Society began in 1962. One major project was creating a one-hour, narrated video, "Old Postcards and Photos of Stafford" that included over 300 local scenes. They are also primarily responsible for the identification and establishment of The Stafford Hollow Historic District
, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places .
~ from their website ~
The historic building which serves as our Museum, located at 5 Spring Street, Stafford Springs, was recently listed on the Connecticut Register of Historic Places, as was the adjacent Stafford Springs Mineral Spring. This building previously served as the town Library, and prior to that served as the probate judge's office, offices of the Converse Woolen Co, and as the bottling house of the Stafford Mineral Waters Co. dating back to its construction in 1885.