The historical marker reads as follows:
"Pedro Horruytiner y Pueyo was the first documented owner of this house, a member of a prominent Spanish family. Don Pedro Benedit Horruytiner and Don Luis de Horruytinerwere governors of Florida during the First Spanish Period (1565-1763). It remained in their family until the time of the British occupation in 1763. Through the centuries many distinguished Spanish, British and American military, government and professional leaders have resided here."
"This home, one of the oldest in St. Augustine, have 12" thick exterior and interior walls constructed of "Coquina," a porous native shell stone. It has survived storms and fires that engulfed the city in earlier years. The house and courtyard wall, built right up to the street, reflect requirements of royal decrees for New World towns issued by the King of Spain in 1573."
"In the southeast corner of the courtyard wall is a section of "Tabby" which is made of whole oyster shells. It is the last known free standing wall of this type in St. Augustine dating back to the first Spanish Period."
From the Florida Division of Historical Resources website:
"St. Augustine LINDSLEY HOUSE 214 St. George St. 18th century. Spanish Colonial elements. 2 and a half stories, masonry, stuccoed, 2 narrow, wood-covered balconies on south and east facades, stepped gable ends. Used today for receptions. Private. N.R. 1971."