Burgoyne United Church - Fulford Harbour, British Columbia
Posted by: wildwoodke
N 48° 46.945 W 123° 29.496
10U E 463886 N 5403385
Quick Description: This United Church was constructed in 1887 along the road between Burgoyne Bay and Fulford Harbour near Fulford Harbour, British Columbia.
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Date Posted: 10/3/2009 10:46:38 AM
Waymark Code: WM7C2D
"Built in 1887, this is the oldest Protestant church on Saltspring Island. It was founded by pioneers, many of whom are buried here. Charles Horel built it on land given by Arthur Robinson. Established as Methodist, the building was called “Union Church" by local people, who welcomed all comers. It was dedicated by the Rev. Dr. Ebenezer Robson, on August 28, 1887. Since 1974 regular services have been held in Ganges, but the United Church Women continue to maintain the building, where weddings, baptisms and funerals still take place."
See the record from the Salt Spring Island Historical Society.