Seattle Aquarium, Seattle, Washington
Posted by: PersonsMD
N 47° 36.443 W 122° 20.533
10T E 549438 N 5272873
Quick Description: A great aquarium found on the waterfront just down from the Pike Place market.
Location: Washington, United States
Date Posted: 5/23/2009 10:05:17 AM
Waymark Code: WM6EV6
The following is sited from: (visit link
Opened in 1977, funded by $5.4 million from King County Forward Thrust bonds
- 19 million visitors since its opening in 1977
- 519,000 estimated Washington State resident visitors in 2007
- Over 1.5 million school group participants in its 31 years; 50,000 in 2007
- 10,319 school group visitors in 2007 funded by contributions made at our
annual Splash! auction for less advantaged students.
- A record breaking 811,000 visitors in 2007
- 74 full time equivalent staff led by John Braden, Director
- Contributed time from 617 volunteers exceeded 65,387 hours of service
valued at $1,145,000
- Combined annual operating budget: $10.3 million operating budget is
generated through gate receipts, concessions income, membership, grants
and private contributions.