Valley Presbyterian Church - Portola Valley, CA
Posted by: DougK
N 37° 23.019 W 122° 14.092
10S E 567735 N 4137707
Quick Description: Valley Presbyterian Church was founded in 1958.
Location: California, United States
Date Posted: 4/9/2009 10:07:58 AM
Waymark Code: WM65ZR
Despite a series of land-use approval problems by the Town of Woodside, in 1961, Valley Presbyterian Church found favor with Portola Valley for a use permit of their current property. Building began in 1964 and it was ready for services in 1965. The church is particularly known for its beautiful view of a redwood forest through the main windows of the sanctuary. At the opposite end of the sanctuary is a stained glass window
depicting the Christian Cross. The church entrance is two set of double doors, with each of the four doors featuring a 3D relief art
of the four Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Beside the sanctuary outside is a Peace Pole
, representing the Presbyterian support for world peace.