Wall Springs Informational Signs
Posted by: debbado
N 28° 06.380 W 082° 46.349
17R E 325880 N 3110250
Quick Description: Information signs on the boardwalk about the history of Wall Springs inside Wall Springs Park in Palm Harbor.
Location: Florida, United States
Date Posted: 3/21/2009 2:55:20 PM
Waymark Code: WM62CA
There are 5 informational signs surrounding the spring at this park. They tell the history of the springs.
One of the signs states...
This reproduction of a postcard dated 1905 is one of the earliest pictures of Wall Springs. Purchased by Charles F. Wall from the Florida Land and Improvement Company in 1844, Wall Springs soon became a popular recreation destination by the end of the century.
On the right half of the photograph were the popular bathing houses situated near where the boardwalk is now located. Boggy Bayou can be seen in the center left half of the photograph.
About the park....
• Pinellas County began acquiring the Wall Springs property in 1988, with the initial purchase of approximately 63 acres which included the spring and surrounding area.
• Pinellas County has continued to acquire additional property since their initial purchase with the most recent acquisitions having been made in October of 2001 and July of 2002. Wall Springs is now approximately 195 acres in total size.
• This park includes restroom facilities, memorial sundial, park benches, bike racks, drinking fountains, grills, picnic tables, picnic shelters, a playground area, boardwalks, nature trails, an observation tower and observation piers. The spring and adjoining pond include a viewing and observation area, boardwalks, park benches, educational and informational displays. Swimming is not allowed.
This information and more can be found here (visit link