Cemetery at William Hogan Plantation – Hogansville, GA
Posted by: Lat34North
N 33° 10.220 W 084° 54.424
16S E 695154 N 3672121
Quick Description: A small cemetery located next to the William Hogan Plantation historic marker on Main Street (GA 54) in Hogansville, GA.
Location: Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 1/20/2009 3:45:52 PM
Waymark Code: WM5M6Y
A small cemetery located next to the William Hogan Plantation historic marker on Main Street (GA 54) in Hogansville, GA.
The cemetery is surrounded by low stone wall and has about 50 graves.
Text of historic marker.
William Hogan Plantation
William Hogan, born January 20, 1804, established a plantation in the 1830's encompassing much of the present town of Hogansville. When he gave the right-of-way to the railroad in 1849, he stipulated that a depot be built where the railroad crossed the old Augusta Highway. Following his death in 1861, his son-in-law John Pullin sold the land for business and residential use. Hogansville was chartered in 1870. The Victorian house southwest of the cemetery occupies almost the same spot as the original Hogan House which burned in 1899. The existing house was built by Hogan's granddaughter, Eugenia Pullin Word, in 1901.
Erected by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Troup County Historical Society, 1986
City, Town, or Parish / State / Country: Not listed
Approximate number of graves: Not listed
Cemetery Status: Not listed
Cemetery Website: Not listed
Post a Picture of the Cemetery into this Waymark gallery