Mapleton Depot (relocated) - Florence Oregon
Posted by: TheBeanTeam
N 43° 57.970 W 124° 06.439
10T E 411170 N 4868711
Quick Description: A relocated depot. This depot was moved from to Florence Oregon from the town of Mapleton.
Location: Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 1/13/2009 5:12:05 PM
Waymark Code: WM5JH4
Published By: PFF
The depot is now a restaurant named The Waterfront Depot. It is now located at 1252 Bay St in Florence's Old Town area.
If you plan on visiting for dinner reservations are highly recommended. (541) 902-9100
The depot according to most sources was built in 1913, and was located at mile post 705.3 on the Southern Pacific Railroads Marshfield Subdivision line.
Text of information plaque on depot wall.
Built in 1912, this Southern Pacific Railroad Depot served Mapleton, a community 15 miles east of here. With the widening of Highway 126 in 1976, it was saved from demolition by local contractor, Mike Johnson and rebuilt on the present site by Jim Alexander in 1977 under the ownership of Hogesky.